• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How do I watch Sat TV on my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

friday

Half way there :)
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
I have seen offers every where that offer software downloads that allow users to watch thousands of satellite channels on their pc. I have a couple of questions before I buy.

Is this real/legit/safe? If so, can anyone recommend the best way to go about it? As you have to download software is there any specific site that is recommended to download the software from(free from malicious software)? Do I require any hardware devices? Thanks
 
Its real. Its a special ip address and unique port number you connect to with windows media player.
 
I thought you needed a satelite t.v-tuner pci card in your computer? I may be wrong or talking about something diffferent from yours
 
To watch satellite tv through your DirecTV or whatever account, yes, you need a tv tuner card.

I haven't seen these advertisements, but from a technical point of view there's no reason why they shouldn't offer Satellite TV programming over your internet connection. It's just like the radio stations that offer streaming audio.
 
Why not just use a USB RCA wireless adapter from your sat box to your PC?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom