• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How do overture numbers convert to traffic ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZoomZoom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZoomZoom

Guest
Has anyone come up with rule of thumb ratios regarding how an overture with extension statistic converts to traffic ?
 
I heard the monthly traffic is around 10 x the ovt with ext. I would like to see what other people experiences are.
 
From my experience it's a lot higher than that. Was 40X on a domain I was checking out yesterday. But I am curious what others find as well.
 
are we talking ovt w/extension or w/out?
 
with extension.

I picked up a domain that has a overture with extension of 32 so I am wondering what I can expect. Time will tell.

From my experience as an seo the ~10x number is what I was suspecting based on market share of the Search Engines. Its interesting that Duckinla had one with 40x.

If you don't mind sharing Duckinla , what industry was that domain for ?
 
duskdawn said:
I heard the monthly traffic is around 10 x the ovt with ext. I would like to see what other people experiences are.
and ovt with TLD or not?such as "music" ovt=10000 "musci.com" ovt=1000

then 10000X10 or 1000X10
 
mrleewood said:
and ovt with TLD or not?such as "music" ovt=10000 "musci.com" ovt=1000

then 10000X10 or 1000X10

with or without extension = with or without TLD.. I think the generic rule of thumb here would be WITH Extension x10 but it would also depend on number of backlinks from MSN/Google/Yahoo/etc..
 
Most of my domains whose ovt is 20+ w/ext convert traffic at least 10 times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom