• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How do you respond to a 10k offer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^From memory I think it was bought at Pool a few years back.
 
bad...........no response. However my offer was for 7 days.
 
Update:

I reconsidered the price. I lowered my offer to 15k and offered a comparison chart of similar names sold (dnjournal).

The buyer has responded and I will have a firm answer in a few days.

Creature
 
Just know this...

What make you think that buyer would not read thru this thread?
Perhaps that's why seller responded that way knowing that you, seller, don't know how to respond?

I believe exclusive area is not being crawled or viewable unless buyer is exclusive.

seeking advice about high $ domain do not belong here, IMHO, because anyone can see it including buyer.
 
I see your point about the exclusive area.
 
I disagree on the earlier advice of not providing comp's that justify your asking price and believe you took the right step in doing so. You can throw out a number but what if the buyer isn't aware of the sales that are your basis or they’re basing value on a different set of sales? Providing sales comp's provides concrete grounds for negotiations versus bandying about arbitrary numbers.

Cheers,
BidNo
 
BidNo, yes I agree with you. Having sent the comps, I really feel that the buyer understands how I arrived at the selling price. This has given a very positive feeling to the deal so far.
 
BidNo, yes I agree with you. Having sent the comps, I really feel that the buyer understands how I arrived at the selling price. This has given a very positive feeling to the deal so far.

A reasonable explanation of your asking price is always good. Let's the buyer know that your somewhat knowledgable on the value and not just fishing blindly for extra money. Even if you sold a bit cheap, you won't go broke that way. You'll go broke by hoarding domains and refusing reasonable offers while hoping for something that may never come. Good luck to you, hope it goes through.
 
S O L D (I hope to publish the name and the price in DNJournal when the loot has been received)
 
Just curious, did you register the name yourself, and in what year?

I contacted the various snap companies that I use, Pool, Godaddy and Snapnames. Snapnames replied and sent a copy of my winning email from April 2004. I paid Snapnames $69 USD for catching the name at that time. So it was Snapnames and not Pool.

Anyway today (at last!) I received a little under 15K for the name via Moniker Escrow.:cool:
I wish it worked like that for every name. :disappointed: One other interesting point is that Sedo recently valued the name at $1,500 so perhaps that shows just how difficult appraisals are.
 
Congrats Creature! Interested to know which one of your genms you sold off!
The hookerfest in Vegas is becoming a possibilty! :lol:
Pred
 
Nice deal Creature - nice time of year to complete, here's to the next one...
 
Thanks, certainly saved the day. It was either that sale or another mortgage download.
 
Congrats Creature. Glad that it worked out for you.

I just want to comment that it is really good to provide information regarding similar sales, but they should be reasonable as stated above. I remember one case, when I contacted Namegiant some time ago for domain name purchase and was told that the asking price of$13,340 for it was very reasonable because: Fish.com sold for $1,020,000, MyPremierCard.com for $135,250, JMM.com for $55,000 and HorseSupplies.com $52,500. The domain name I wanted to acquire was game related and had nothing to do with above mentioned ones.
 
May it depend on the culture? I mean in many countries negotiate prices is almost mandatory. I'm thinking in asian countries, arabic... I'm just speaking about what I've been told by people who visited those countries, I don't really know.
 
^I think every offer you get should be forwarded to a skilled negotiator who also understands domains and domain law, at least for an opinion. It appears to me that domainers are fast becoming skilled at negotiating. However I reckon most of us newbees are leaving a lot of money behind whilst we are learning.:cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom