Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How do you set the forum language to English ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something odd happened last night and for no reason. My DNF language got set to Italian ?! I posted in the Languages area last time I was on (Spanish) but I did not set my language to Spanish, I never have, I just posted there and left. I'm not even getting the Spanish version, it's in Italian LMFAO, wtf... ? Has this happened to anyone and how did you get out of it ? I can't find the option to set the default language to English (assuming it is that, I haven't altered my options here in a long time)

I mention starting a thread in the Spanish section as the cause since the default language changed immediately after, but that should not happen and let alone in yet another language

Weird stuff.... any suggestions ? I remember reading about a guy who got Swedish as his DNF language by error, someone may have told him how to fix it but I can't find the thread right now....

:?:

Upvote 0

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your new Italian Girlfriend did it.
Here how to fix it:
Go to the bookstore and buy an Italian Dictionary
Click on your Inbox
Scroll down and clock on General Settings on the left.
Scroll down near the end and change Forum Language to the Language of your choice.

Good luck!

Domain summit 2024

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That was easy. For some weird reason my forum languange had changed to Swedish a long time ago (months).

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Johnn and Draggar, I had actually seen that page so many times before, my head was not working well that day :?: and TM3500 was that guy who got it in Swedish that I once saw, funny he saw my thread too !

I remember trying My Profile and Edit Profile (from Quick Links), clicking on angel69 on top, and not finding General Settings ...and probably looked other places and nothing....it did not occur to me to click on Inbox, and that's where it was on the left.... strange place to put MySettings and MySubscriptions, though.... one would think that would all be under My Profile or Edit Profile .... ? Now I can see General Settings under Quick Links but that day I swear it wans't there, I think it only gets displayed under Quick Links if you're viewing your acct in a certain way (how you got there, what link you clicked on prior to that) but it's not featured as an option 100% of the time for some reason, I couldn't have missed it so many times that day ....even in Italian, been here a few years

And Johnn LMAO.... yeah, some nasty Italian chick she must be to do that to me.... ( I just need to figure which one it was, got a couple here & there.....:lol: ) Italian dictionary, yeah, I have one in fact ..... and it's very close to Spanish so I can normally read it and get a close enough sense... but it's not always that accurate if you do it just like that.... Portuguese is closer..... so some of the words in Italian I was seeing on DNF weren't that familiar, or it would take me time to make assumptions....( should set it to French some time for kick, I took some in hs/college... but I'd be careful about getting stuck again LMAO, so at least wait til the new DNF site gets rolled out in full )
:approve:

Your new Italian Girlfriend did it. Here how to fix it: Go to the bookstore and buy an Italian Dictionary

Click on your Inbox
Scroll down and clock on General Settings on the left.
Scroll down near the end and change Forum Language to the Language of your choice. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators