Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How long does it take to switch your brain around to a new idea?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am working on a college paper about memory, and and came across this guy's video about how he took 8 month to learn a backwards-bike.

I feel we all have to learn new technology all the time in this business.

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot will depend on how teachable we are, ie how willing we are to learn and, more importantly and rather more difficult, how willing we are to make changes in our life!

"You cannot teach anybody anything that they are not ready to learn"

"You cannot teach anybody anything, only make them realise the answers are already inside them" Galileo 1564-1642

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The son of course was quick to get the backwards bike, but the adult seemed to take forever. He then went back to a regular bike and it took him 20 minutes to get the regular one again...

Willox Perez

NameTreats Rep
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What that shows me is that it will take consistency above all else. When you think about it for just a second,
to be able to stay focus and committed to learning for a whole 8 months is a tough challenge.

I am sure there were a lot of times in which he wanted to give up and in these times is when you find your true motivation,
your true reason for doing what you do. Only this can keep you going when seems don't seem to be going right.

Also a good point others have mentioned is that we simply don't stop learning, there is always something new.

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now that there's Kindle, I am reading more business books. Books are just people giving you the benefit of their years of experience, without you having to work it all out for yourself. So, yes, I try and learn new things all the time.

The other thing is I've made a web page with quick links to all my favourite business news sites, e.g. Business Insider etc etc, and that helps a lot with remembering to speed read them.

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just use the Kindle Cloud Reader on my tablet.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on the idea. Took me 5 years to switch to a smartphone :p
I think I started with a smart phone in 2010, and in 2011 I had a job as a customer service manager, and as part of that job, I had to be online, well the only online I had that far out of town was through tethering. Well then I bought an 800 number, and the first day I had it going to my cell phone, and it kept kicking me offline 50 times a day as people called in, asking "is this Comcast?!"

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom