• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How Long !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
6
I am eyeing up a domain nothing special every other extension is available but it expired at the end of April and has been hold for over three months,its registered witth tuscows i was wondering when it will drop ?
 
Names that should drop often get snapped up these days.
If it's on hold, my guess is you won't get it, but I would hope you prove me wrong :-)

Use a drop catcher service if you really want the name. I would have reg'ed to snap the name months ago.

JMHO
 
If you're eyeing it, chances are hundreds of others are too, especially if it's a .com - unless it's something really obscure that only has personal meaning to you...

And as cursal mentioned, if you really want it, use a drop catching service...

Good luck.
 
Thanks !

I am using the usual catchers and its not that special but falls into a collection of my other domains otherwise it would be worth reg fee as all the other extensions are still available to reg !
 
britishbulldog said:
Thanks !

I am using the usual catchers and its not that special but falls into a collection of my other domains otherwise it would be worth reg fee as all the other extensions are still available to reg !

If it is worth reg fee, then I don't see why it could prove so hard to catch it because that means few potential bidders at the drop catchers.
good luck
 
I dont think it will be a had catch but the question is "when will it drop" ?
 
If it has traffic and is making profit, it will never drop. Registrars keep such domains "on hold" and are cashing the parking profits.
 
Well, that would be a smart move by them, and another additional unfairness to the rest of the 'net' world who is waiting to regg it. So they do it even if customers pay for "backorder"?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom