• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many icons do you have on your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

007

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
5
Ok, no cheating.

Look at your desktop right now and see how many icons you have.

I currently have 211 and counting. :-)

I never clean them up either. When the whole screen fills up, I make a new folder, slap the date on it, and dump everything in there and start over. :-D

~007
 
46, but that reminded me I need to delete a couple :)
 
Still 125 left even after recently deleting a bunch when I had 170.
 
i clean my Desktop frm time to time and keep all the .txt and the old files in a folder.
atm i have 40 icons
not bad :-)
 
i always have 0 icons on my desktop and i have dual monitors so lots of space for junk. i like to keep it clean. all my applications and drives are launched from the quick launch.
 
same thing, couple hundred... and throw them in folders as it gets in my way... I run a dual boot box and my linux os has 6 desktops and they are all full...
 
I have about 10 icons, I can't stand anymore than that.

Firefox, Outlook and several of my most used programs - and that is all...
 
I have 167 icons on my desktop. That's mainly because I store all recent files there instead of in My Documents to keep me from forgetting where I put them. Everything I download in Firefox is automatically saved there.
 
36, mostly folders, to keep it neat.:-D
 
spiderden said:
same thing, couple hundred... and throw them in folders as it gets in my way... I run a dual boot box and my linux os has 6 desktops and they are all full...
Only got one desk here and the top is glued to it
I walk in R M Williams boots and go barefoot for running
No icons on top of my desk.
There is an IBM lap top on it though
I have thrown it a couple of times, but it didn't come back, so I don't do that anymore
Might try throwing it inside a folder and see if it comes back
Thanks for the tip
 
11 at the moment after a clear up, as I do not like that many displayed.
 
Same here, around 220 but i always leave a free column..
 
007 said:
I never clean them up either. When the whole screen fills up, I make a new folder, slap the date on it, and dump everything in there and start over. :-D
Just like me :-D

I'm "starting over" right now... 22 icons. :party:
 
209

I cleaned about a 100 off my desktop before I opened firefox, I normally let my desktop be full but I find my system boots faster with less icons, 200-300 is fine.
 
People, clean up your desktop. Icons on the desktop are meant for easier access; but with anything more than a couple of dozens, it basically ruins that purpose.

I have also seen people with hundreds of files under My Document, not knowing that there is something called sub-folders.
 
20 icons at the moment, I delete/move them ever day.
 
1280x1024 and 0 icons... I use a windows port of Quick Launch to use all my applications.. I can't stand cluttered desktops I don't understand how you people work like that.
 
:-D I never count them..59 8-)g ..i must clean some :-P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom