• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many icons do you have on your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just clean up mine and i have like 20..
 
fullreign said:
1280x1024 and 0 icons... I use a windows port of Quick Launch to use all my applications.. I can't stand cluttered desktops I don't understand how you people work like that.

there we go. finally someone who keeps a clean workstation! same here but i have dual 1280x1024 and it's super clean. 0!

you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. 200+ icons? that's nuts! how do you find anything in that mess. hehehehe.
 
30 or so on this laptop.... gotta clean up!
 
4 - Recyle Bin, 1 Folder Shortcut, Cisco SDM & Checkpoint NGX Console...
 
How can you not have icons? Ughh I launch everything from my desktop, All my downloads go to my desktop, I have shortcuts to every application I use more than once a week too.

PS. I have no wallpaper either, Just the standard blue thing, Anyone going to post a screenshot? heh
 
I for some reason download and save everything to /desktop, so I have 1724 objects there. I am the winner ;)
 
I have 30. They are grouped by category.

Upper Left: System Icons (recycle bin, My computer, etc)

Upper Center: Coding application shortcuts (Visual Basic, Visual C++, Foxpro, Winzip, etc)

Upper Right: Game shortcuts

Middle Left: Vacant

Middle Middle: Vacant (wallpaper - which is currently a picture of Stonehenge)

Middle Right: FTP/SSH shortcuts

Bottom Left: Word Processing shortcuts (Word, Excel, UltraEdit, etc)

Bottom Center: Frequently used Word/Excel documents

Bottom Right: Graphics / Music program shortcuts (iTunes, Sony Connect, Paint, etc)

-Bob
 
I have 11 right now. But it keeps messing up as the day goes on and every day I have to clean it up.
 
40 lol :D , but I designed the wallpaper for my desktop into a diagram of folders, menu,& lists. That way icons go "into" that area of the desktop.

Also have 12 apps I use daily on hot-keys on the keyboard (those used to be on the desktop too, before I cleaned up)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom