• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many offers OR sales do you get a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nattydomain

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
0
Just wondering from some of the season pros, on avg. how many offers do you receive and how many domains do you sell. Even if there low offers or low sales Im just wondering.

Also with the offers and/or sales how many places did you have it listed at.

I feel information on this could help a lot of people and maybe even generate more offers/sales.

:rolleyes:
 
Information of this type is generally private and not usually discussed by those of us who make it a business. It is no one else's business except the parties involved and the tax man. Additionally, the accuracy of this information would be questionable at best.

About 10 years ago, I told someone what I sold a domain for. That person then contacted the buyer and tried to sell them domains and even had the audacity to say I referred him. I learned.

The exception would be the open sales and forums of public auctions and highly-publicized special events.
 
um, average I would say 4-5 per week. The most I've sold in a month was 50 I think.
 
Honestly...nowhere near enough :(

You have to have the right names for the right people to obtain the right offers. Bottom line...its not the most likely thing in the world to receive an offer out of the blue.

Marketing and end user sales pitches are your best friends, I have found.
 
Almost all the offers i receive get translated to sales..except for marcus ( the appraisal scam guy :D)
 
To really understand 'sales volume' you need to take into account the quality of the domains being sold and the profit. For example, I could sell hundreds of domains and make a loss, or sell one domain and make a profit.

Also, the number of offers you receive is directly proportional to the number of domains you own and their desirability. I could own 400,000 crap domains and get 20 offers per month, or I could own one great domain and get 20 offers per month.
 
For me the number varies..I do not use Sedo or Namedrive so my sales come from the forums or my own personal contacts. I sell between 7-10 domains in a week ranging between $4,000-$10,000.
 
Sell and buy domains daily...cheaper than anyone else! :peace:
 
Sales? So that is how you make money in the domain business. I am constantly buying and have always wondered how to many money instead of spending it all the time.
 
Thanx for all the replies. I myself am not doing this to be a millionaire. i actually think its fun thinking of names that someone else can enjoy or use. Almost like im doing them a service. Sure I would love to make money as I do try and sell my names but so far 1 offer was a scam and others just look :sigh2:
 
Yeah, it does give you a rush ;) Almost like sugar. Except....not :D
 
Not many offers, and not many accepted. I don't push them as much as I should, I drop many, give away many, reg way too many.

Sold a ton on TDNAM but don't use them anymore. Long story, bad mojo.

Encountered perhaps 15-20% non paying bidders at TDNAM, 40% at Sedo, and more than 60% (at times 75%) when I was selling on eBay a couple of years ago.

Happy to report 100% payment success rate on DNforum and NamePros.

I think every time I reg one I am going to develop it. It's a sickness. You all know that.
 
Domainer-holics Anonymous!

Why would you say your name if its anonymous

*confused*

Jason
 
Hello,
'My name's Predator & i'm a Domain Monster!' :smilewinkgrin:
"It's okay, you can sit down now Pred."
'I am sitting down'
"Geez, you're a big motherf*cker"
'You know it. So does your momma!' :smilewinkgrin: :eek:
 
Hello,
'My name's Predator & i'm a Domain Monster!' :smilewinkgrin:
"It's okay, you can sit down now Pred."
'I am sitting down'
"Geez, you're a big motherf*cker"
'You know it. So does your momma!' :smilewinkgrin: :eek:
:eyebrows: :pound: :yield: :rofl:
 
ive had offers on adult names....havent sold them
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom