• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many registrars do YOU have names at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2006
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
13
If I had my way, they'd all be at 1 registrar, which gets me to thinking that I can probably now transfer most of the .coms at least to Fab and be happy. However, I've got names at all of the following because of having names generally pushed to me for ease and times sake:

Fabulous.com (my preferred)

Supur.com (my WWD reseller, runner up and the place I reg everything besides com, net, org, and info)

GoDaddy.com (I've got a few dozen names here despite moving all my names off at one point and rarely regging there anymore)

iDotz.net (my ccTLD registrar of choice)

Dotster (only to get a .hn, though I've now accepted a push or two there)

Enom (just accepted another push there)

NameCheap (just got a renewal notice for a name I really want to keep expiring in 3 days...oops!)

Website.in (accepting pushes)

A couple other WWD reseller accounts

Domainsite.com (not a bad registrar from the limited time I've spent there)

DirectNic

Nic.cg (for a few .cg names)

Nic.rw (for a few .rw names)

Nic.org.mt (for a .com.mt before I found out they couldn't be resold, oops)

Lastly is a registrar I don't even remember and would have to search my emails for. I merely remember the name I've got there and that it's not up for renewal for quite a while.

Is this sad or what?
 
I always push/move etc all my domains to a single registrar, Enom. Makes consolidation & management so much easier. With the exception of certain .xx TLD's that can only be managed at certain registrars.
 
I always push/move etc all my domains to a single registrar, Enom. Makes consolidation & management so much easier. With the exception of certain .xx TLD's that can only be managed at certain registrars.

Well that's generally what I do two, but I do it all at once, and the last time I did it was about a year ago. I guess it's time again. :)
 
Ouch! Two years is an aeon in domain time :D
 
wow, actually 22 different registrars :/ for me
 
might be a good time to consolidate, as prices at netsol wholesale level are expected to go up this year. meaning .com and .net
 
As mine come up for renewal, I am slowly migrating them to Moniker.
Godaddy is annoying for this, as I can't modify the nameservers if I want to transfer out the domain within 2 months.
 
might be a good time to consolidate, as prices at netsol wholesale level are expected to go up this year. meaning .com and .net

It supposed to be something like +%7 ?
 
I have domains at 17 registrars, but eliminating each of the weirdo registrars as the domain comes up for renewal. Talk about a lesson in patience and forgiveness. Some of these registrars shouldn't even have been accredited. (Domainmonkeys.com is one of them, auclub.net, nominate.net, some others).

The problem for me was buying over 1000 domains from Snapnames over the last two years, and each domain was at a different registrar. Sadly, I feel kinda bad in some instances, because I know now that some of these registrars don't send out renewal notices until after the domain has expired, which then the previous owner doesn't get it back, the registrar sells it through snapnames and gets a nice profit off of it. It's a nasty situation to be in, that's why i avoid resellers or small registrars at all costs.

Currently, I am trying to consolidate all the domains at the weirdo sites (actually have a field in my domain database marking the domain as registered at a "Weirdo Registrar" - lol) and transfer them out to Moniker. I think Moniker is the only registrar that does the single most important service in its features for domainers: Show the nameservers of your domains in a table form, as deep as 5000 domains at a time. In other words, at Moniker, you can scroll down a list of all your domains (after sorting the nameservers too!) and see if you've missed a few domains you've bought and transferred in without setting your NS to the parking service or other location you want them to point to.

A great service of any registrar would be to have the nameservers be reset to a default nameserver set by the customer when a new domain is transferred in. That way, the nameservers of the SELLER of the domain/s won't keep getting the traffic revenue in case you forget to go in and manually update the domain to your preferred PS NS.
 
As mine come up for renewal, I am slowly migrating them to Moniker.
Godaddy is annoying for this, as I can't modify the nameservers if I want to transfer out the domain within 2 months.

This is from godaddy support :

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting customer support. Changing the name servers and phone number for the domain will not start the 60 days. Changing the name, including just the middle initial, or company in the contact information will start the 60 day period.
Please let us know if we can help you in any other way

Back to the question 14 +- active 25+- total

jim
 
fab
eurodns
godaddy
moniker
enom
regfly (acccchhh)
dotster
idotz
and a few more for .com
and another 20 25 for country code domains.
 
moniker
dotster
eurodns
namecheap
netfirms
regfly
godaddy
indomains.net
cheapdomainnames.co.uk
pdqnetworks.com
nic.st
nic.ps
 
1and1
godaddy.
directnic.
and i cant remember the others...
 
moniker
godaddy
1and1
hostway(domainpeople)
 
I consolidated into 3: GD, Enom, Domainsite...makes my life easier.
 
I am embarrassed to say....I have been consolidating for the past 3 months...I will have it down to 3.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom