• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many reseller's or shared accounts do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
18
For delevoped domains? or do you have your own server?

I was reading threads of people with more than 100 developed domains and I started thinking do they have their own servers or have shared or reseller hostings.
 
For my developed sites I have my own server. I used to have a reseller, but they kicked me off.
 
nts said:
For my developed sites I have my own server. I used to have a reseller, but they kicked me off.

They kicked you out because of traffic?
 
They usually don't kick you off because of traffic (bandwidth) but because of server load. If you have a site or sites that use up a lot of resources they will usually ask you to upgrade to a dedicated server or move to another service.
 
IMO, you should be able to put at least 4,000 mostly small developed websites on a colocated dedicated server based on an average server configuration and price (less than $200-mo), and without ram, bandwidth and hard disk concerns.
 
Trader that sounds like alot webpages.

Thank YOU!!!
 
We do both.. for some things dedicated.. but then again virtual hosts are all that some domains / sites need.

So whatever works.
 
I recommend getting a virtual private server to start with and then move up to a ded server when you outgrow the VPS. VPS is also pretty cheap 30-50 per month and you get all the benefits of ded server until you outgrow the disk space/ bandwidth that comes in your VPS package.
 
Is too early for me to get one. I only have like 18 domains I just moved one from sedo to another parking site that's my most valuable domain to date :)

Thank YOU!!! Nameguy!
 
I have 4 hosting accounts and 2 colo servers. I started recently getting cheap hosting accounts to diversify. I feel I was being penalized by Google for having all my sites interlinked and also on the same IP/server. So I am spreading them out and ditching 1 of my colo servers. It will actually be cheaper for me.

Servage.net $7.50 a month
Dreamhost $22 for 1 year
1and1 $10 per month
Cabasca $20 per month

My colo are $105 per month each at Superb.net (I am very very happy there).

So my hosting is $40 per month and my servers are $210. However within 60 days I will have just 1 colo for $105+$40 =$145 per month...rather cheap imho. It took me a lot of time to get my hosting the way I want it. I totally manage my own server.
 
I think that if you only have 18 domains, use a shared hosting, and then,move to a higher one.
 
Thank YOU!!!!

I just moved one to a PPC site.
 
I have one reseller account prepaid and have about 8 mth left.
Ordered one dedicated server over easter special.
Should get that anyday now.
 
I have a
Dual Xeon 3.4 GHZ
4 gig of ram
two 400 gig drives through layeredtech and only about 16 domains parked on it.
I think I went a bit overboard with this one. I am thinking about downgrading to an athlon or something cheaper.
I have an athlon over at fdcservers but I have a proxy site loading it down and want to keep that server specifically for that.
 
I have one reseller allthough all my domains on that account are under 1 shared account rather than seperate accounts, its easier to do backups etc that way. I got rid of a server roughly 3 months ago where I was hosting more sites.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom