• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How much did your traffic ($$$) drop this holiday season??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTn

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
0
I noticed on a couple of my sites the traffic and $$$ dropped ALOT!

I would say each site dropped atleast Half in the mid of this month and so did the $$$.

Just looking for stories and passing by time..



*Merry Xmas*
 
The only real drop I saw in traffic was on the 23rd, 24th and of course today. Otherwise it been a fairly normal month.

The Pain
 
down 20 % this month :-(

welcome "the pain" great name !
 
if your traffic dropped from the period 11/24/05 > 12/24/05

then i would assume you have some "non-product" domain names in your portfolio

i have seen affiliate sales increase for "online sales" commissions, during this period.


i anticipate a "spike" for 12/26/05 thru 12/30/05 :)
 
Last couple days and today, down about 60%, but up overall over November.

Don't have to eat cereal yet...
 
Yea, my websites don't sale any type of products. I predict the traffic to start spiking back up again. about 90% of the traffic on most of the sites come from search engines.
 
Adsense didn't drop for me. Earnings was probably a little higher than usual for the last few days. I still had a few people buy stuff from Amazon yesterday and today, so that's cool.

I don't really do parking programs so that might be the difference.
 
My amazon rocked this month. Also some sites did very well for adsense.

My favorite was http://www.foremangrills.com which made me loot just about everyday. I made $300 from Amazon on just this site alone for Decemeber. :-) I gotta love MSN and Yahoo as the traffic they deliver has done well for me. I am #3 in MSN for "george foreman grills".


Foreman has this new grill which can change the plates...I get like $12 each for commission. :-)

Go GEORGE!
 
December 1~23 great, December 24 drop about 30%, December 25th will be drop about 50%, 26 I estimate also some drop (if is it still holliday) but than the 27~29 december should be good again.
 
My traffic went up about 20%, but revenue almost doubled.
 
My revenue went up about 20% too on 24th and 25th .
 
25th - %50 down
 
Sorry, my comments were for the month. 25th traffic was down about 40%.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom