• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How much of a monthly earnings multiple do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onfiredomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
I'm trying to gauge how much everyone will pay for a domain based on the monthly earnings? I've seen some people offer only 6-12 months and some people pay up to 5 years worth of expected revenue? Is there an industry standard these days that people will pay for a domain? (ie: domainname.com makes $50/mo, you paid/offered 24 months, $1200)

Thanks in advance
 
I personally do not pay more than 8-12 months...traffic is a funny thing.

I know that some pay 3-5 years though.

I'd say the standard is 1-3 years.
 
I think the norm is 8 to 10 years.
Otherwise most of domains will sell for peanuts!
 
for generic .coms the price can go up to 10-15x annual revenue. The PPC industry only goes up and earnings increase steadily. This means that a person buying at x10 will get ROI in 6-7 years.

For generic typos, i think prices are around 36 months of revenue and for TM typos the current standard is 24 months of revenue

I personally do not pay more than 8-12 months...traffic is a funny thing.

who do you buy domains from? Desperate housewives?:D
 
for generic .coms the price can go up to 10-15x annual revenue. The PPC industry only goes up and earnings increase steadily. This means that a person buying at x10 will get ROI in 6-7 years.

For generic typos, i think prices are around 36 months of revenue and for TM typos the current standard is 24 months of revenue



who do you buy domains from? Desperate housewives?:D


Excellent post and I agree with it all 110%. Infact you may see and should, more than 10-15 year multiple on a generic dot com if the name is great.
 
who do you buy domains from? Desperate housewives?:D

No, Just tired of buying bogus traffic...so it all evens out. I told them my opinion on this. Thanks for trashing me.
 
No, Just tired of buying bogus traffic...so it all evens out. I told them my opinion on this. Thanks for trashing me.

I was joking, no offense, I thought it was obvious:)
 
All depends on the quality of the name, source of traffic etc.
Anywhere from 6 months to 15 years+
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom