• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

how people find your site

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
5,374
Reaction score
0
I was looking though my logs the otherday (as you do), and the keyword refers from google/yahoo made me laugh..(in a scared sort of way):bandit:

so i wrote a little app, to pop them (well google and yahoo refers) into a database.. and generate a shedcloud (like a tag cloud but shed related)

http://www.readersheds.co.uk/readersheds/tag.cfm

ok i can see that most find me with shed related keywords as you would expect.. but


famous sarahs presenters
growing cannabis in the loft
g*y glory holes in liverpool
my dad's erection

and this one totally bemused me

Duck Sucking Pictures

well it takes all sorts.


wilco
 
I also like:

boy killed by giant snowball telford
''bonfire women girls pictures''
Daisyfield Sausage Links
where can i buy a resuscitation dummy in the uk

BTW, I like that tag script you're using, is that available or was it custom built?
 
Mr.Domains said:
I also like:

boy killed by giant snowball telford
''bonfire women girls pictures''
Daisyfield Sausage Links
where can i buy a resuscitation dummy in the uk

BTW, I like that tag script you're using, is that available or was it custom built?

its customs built in coldfusion.. so not really avialable.. as it was written for my enjoyment...



it just runs on the main template of my site.., looks at the refer and pops it into a database if its yahoo or google..

all the tag script does is look at the data and sets a certain style size based on the COUNT of number of keywords.

somone has a PHP similar thing

http://www.eatdrinksleepmovabletype.com/tutorials/building_a_weighted_keyword_list/


wilco
 
Thanks for the info. Do you ever purge/prune the database? I was thinking of doing something similar, but I wasn't sure if the database might become unweildy and slow down the site.
 
Mr.Domains said:
Thanks for the info. Do you ever purge/prune the database? I was thinking of doing something similar, but I wasn't sure if the database might become unweildy and slow down the site.

theres only a few weeks data in there at the moment, and I cache the query for about 30 mins delay, as its not on main site, its only me (and now you lot!) can access it, but its just been googled, so be intersting to see if it gets any traffic...

i will export it to an xml file once it gets a bit bigger (only about 2500 records at the moment) and use that as an arcieve cloud

wilco
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom