• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How to Negotiate Cold Contact (email or phone)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
65
Ok 90% of my domain sales come from businesses and individuals contacting me directly or making offers via Sedo, etc. Lately I've been trying to be the one contacting companies, however, that has not proved too fruitful and I worry it's my methodology.

So, I come and ask my friends and fellow domainers who do cold contact calling or emailing if they mind sharing some tips and advice with me and others on the board that would find this information useful. Particularly, I would be interested in knowing if you guys/gals use scripts and just follow those. Would anyone mind sharing an email or voice script that they follow? Also, when contacting, do you ask them their price or make an initial offer first??? Which methods, "pick-up lines", etc has been beneficial to you and allowed sales to close. Does email work better or through phone??? Any advice would very much be appreciated!
 
I want to know also. I have tried with emails...but get almost no answer. The people think (so I guess) that is a spam. Tried also with a Phone but, not many understand the power of a domain...so it was difficult the few times I tried.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom