Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Hows the Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimb

Hey,

How is the speed of these forums? I have been noticing some unusually long periods of load time on the index, but nothing else. I dunno, it may just be my cable connection....

Jim

Upvote 0

I've not had any download probs with the site so far, and I'm in the UK using ISDN (no broadband options where I live :( )

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

that really too bad about the lack of high-speed access in other countries. In the US, the price of ISDN for the loop is $200/month alone. Plus the $28/month from the providers. Its crazy, considering that the cable is now $39/month for me :)

Jim

Its my own fault for living out in the sticks I guess.

The ISDN costs me approx £150 per month ($225 approx) for a 24/7 64k connection (no extra call charges). I can use it as an "always on" connection if I want so I guess its not bad price wise - and most of my net activity is telnet based for server admining and ftp for uploading sites so its not to much of a hinderence.

We can get satellite connections in the UK, but its too windy where I live for that :(

I live in Austria and ADSL (64/512 with 24/7 online) slowly becomes usual.

J

jimb

The cable modems are zooming here in the USA. Im on one, and have reached speeds of 3MBPS during the night :eek:

Its crazy, but also its new enough that the network is very empty, which usually means i'm like one of 20 on these OC lines from Comcast.

Jim

Performance was so bad yesterday I was unable to read the board for about 2 hours.

I'm using a T1 on my end, so it's not my Internet connection...

-t

J

jimb

Hey,

Thanks for the info, Im in contact now with a dedicated server host who should be able to provide us with a new server, for only our forums.

Jim

Thats weird, I've had no problems whatsoever with this site.

Maybe its a routing problem moreso than a server problem (I'm in the UK)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators