• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.htaccess file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. DeletedMr. Deleted is verified member.

DNForum Mod
DNF Moderator
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
4,465
Reaction score
731
can someone help me by creating a .htaccess file for my sites. I used one that redirected ALL the traffic on my servers to this other site, so I can have that, and when I directed it to a site on my host, it kept refreshing the page in an endless loop, causeing my host to be down for a DAY! Anyway For this site, I have some sites that I do not want redirected, but there I want all 404 errors to go to a site on my host. If you can make this file, I'll donate some F$ for it :cheeky:

PHP:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.geocity.org/ [R=301,L]

</IfModule>
 
I am not sure how you'd do this for all sites on your server, but if you need to redirect one at a time try something like this.

Code:
RewriteEngine on 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^siteA\.com
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.siteB.com/$1 [R=permanent,L]
 
Are you referring to creating a custom 404 error page?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom