• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

hyip investments- any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
I have seen so many of these hyip investments on the internet. For example, croftbros.com.

Has anyone ever tried any of these?

They seem way too go to be true, and a few red flags were immediately raised when I saw the ROI they promise.

Anyone have any experience good or bad with any of these companies?
 
Wait, 5% APY compounded daily? Or 5% interest earned PER DAY? That's better than 2000% APY!

Sounds fishy to me.
 
What the heck is hyip? ... I'm out of the loop on investment terms these days ...

Anyways, croftbros.com appears to be a textbook pyramid scheme ... they never explain exactly how they can payout 200% in 8 weeks.

I'm surprised how many people fall for such scams ... but then greed is a powerful human trait - we're all greedy to some extent ... key is to be aware of that and know that one doesn't get something for nothing, there's always a tradeoff somewhere.

In this instance, it's timing ... if it's a pyramid scheme, which I'm most certainly sure it is, then the people who got in first will make some money, the others will be left little to nothing; akin to gambling at the casino ... do you feel lucky? :cheesy:

Domain Name: CROFTBROS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS3.ZONEEDIT.COM
Name Server: NS17.ZONEEDIT.COM
Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Updated Date: 14-dec-2005
Creation Date: 10-dec-2005
Expiration Date: 10-dec-2006

Newly registered ... ah yes, they must be legit :laugh:

Ron
 
They are scams -- pyramid / ponzi schemes where early investors get their returns paid by the fees of later investors. I personally know of people who have lost $1000's chasing these things. Here is an interesting website with more info about these and other scams: http://www.quatloos.com/
 
That's exactly what I figured. I'm suprised so many of these sites haven't been shut down yet...

Wait, 5% APY compounded daily? Or 5% interest earned PER DAY? That's better than 2000% APY!

Say it with me guys.. If it looks to good to be true.....

What the heck is hyip? ... I'm out of the loop on investment terms these days ...

hyip stands for high yields investment program, or a 98% chance you will lose all of your money.
 
the feeder fund is quite reputable and has been around for quite some time

dont put money that is important for you in these things...
 
Or better yet not put any money in.

People who participate in pyramid schemes are contributing to the cheating of others; from what I recall, there have been instances in which people who merely participated, but profited, have been legally ordered to pay their gains back, and sometimes even more ... something domainers with assets should consider before even thinking about participating in shady "hyip" programs.

Ron
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom