• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I am such a newbie when it comes to developing!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS125

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
Hello all,
I want to build a proxy site.
Few things I dont know...
Obviously, I am going to need a proxy script, where can I buy one?!
That is my main issue, later on, maby someone who is willing to can guide me through on how to install the script. I need to learn someday!
Any advice would be great, I am glad our forums has such nice people
willing to help! Thanks... Nicolas
 
Ok thats a start...
My hosting company allows for unlimited bandwith so I think I am fine with that! www.proxyresources.com, does anyone know about this site?!
I can get the phproxy script off of them, but it looks like its free :D?
Secondly, the templtes they offer on that site, are they coded...
So basicly they are offering a site in a box minus the domain name?!
Thanks... Nicolas
 
Ok thats a start...
My hosting company allows for unlimited bandwith so I think I am fine with that!
Read fine line.
I never seen true unlimited bandwidth.
They'll ban you when you use too much :)
 
bandwidth isnt as much of a problem as the resources are. It will just hog the server basically. I started a proxy, it was getting xx,xxx visits a day. It's not very convertible traffic nor desirable. Good luck.
 
My 2 cents: Stay away from Proxy site.
I had one on my dedicated server - make a couple bucks a day but all other sites on the server ran like a dog.

And Copper is right 'there is no such thing is unlimited bandwidth'.
 
Umm... By "hog the server" and "run like a dog", you guys mean make all my other sites slow and what not? Good thing is, I have no sites, this would be my first ever developed site! :D
Can I get some explination on my first comment...
Phproxy - best script to use?! Thanks... Nicolas
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom