Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I don't understand the user accounts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I signed up, it said "free gold" account. But then after I "registered" it said "free for 5 days." I don't consider that very professional.

I also, at the bottom of the pages, see those logged in, and they have many different levels (based on the colors, if I am not mistaken). But if I click on "upgrade" I'm presented with 2 options. Neither free, neither explained before I "registered." And really neither that attractive to someone like myself that comes to buy once in awhile.

There are no less than 4 other similiar forums on the net that I can search for domains to buy, all free. I see some of the same names here as I do there, so I don't see what benefit someone like myself gets for paying $50 to "join" this site. (especially since I mostly buy domains.) But in another 3 or 4 days, I'm going to be giving the boot here... Maybe that's the point. :undecided:

Upvote 0

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hotdog_pk said:
the same as free to platinum... $35. :cry:
That doesn't sound right
It is $50.95 from free to platinum
Maybe when you were a gold trial member, it displayed the price of upgrading from paid gold to paid platinum

Domain Summit 2024

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh right... like i said, i went straight to gold and didnt really have time to think about the other options, so i forgot the original price.

i :D :D :D

( I was never a gold trial member )

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im the newest platinum member... thanks for that anyweb, somehow, someway you have convinced me to become a platinum member. wd

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hotdog_pk said:
im the newest platinum member... thanks for that anyweb, somehow, someway you have convinced me to become a platinum member. wd

Well done
Looking forward to your first "For Sale " post

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
already posted :D nothing special though

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
checking now....

-=DCG=-

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i only upgraded from gold a couple of weeks ago, and didnt have the same problems. must be a new one.

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
I was looking into upgrading to platinum, and the chart seems to show I should be abl eto do so for $36, but when I went to do it, it wants to charge me $50.95. Guess there is a bug somewhere?

I am unable to duplicate this issue. What page are you seeing this on and which button are you saying is doing this?

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The buttons on the chart take you back to the same Membership Plan page. I am going to the page shown below, logged in with your same status and all seems to be fine to upgrade for $35 through paypal, credit card or dnf$. I may have over looked a value somewhere so was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

http://dnforum.com/membership_plans.php

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just a suggestion, maybe the price converts when it comes to an ebay payment screen, which you may have overlooked. this is probably the most important part of the process.

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNFAdmin said:
The buttons on the chart take you back to the same Membership Plan page. I am going to the page shown below, logged in with your same status and all seems to be fine to upgrade for $35 through paypal, credit card or dnf$. I may have over looked a value somewhere so was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

http://dnforum.com/membership_plans.php

Well, I clicked on this link and I see the $35 price now....

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are correct, it was fixed by someone else here that's why I couldn't find the issue. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom