• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I had the only .info sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
I just checked out DNJ tonight and seen that I had the only .info (#30 in "Global Contenders") sale that was reported in the past two weeks? Let's start reporting these .info sales! .Info is becoming a very valuable extension in today's market.
 
Rock, you are the best.
 
I just checked out DNJ tonight and seen that I had the only .info (#30 in "Global Contenders") sale that was reported in the past two weeks? Let's start reporting these .info sales! .Info is becoming a very valuable extension in today's market.

I reported Rental.info
It's in the list, last week on dnjournal. Was 4th in Global contender top 20
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2007/domainsales03-06-07.htm
People should report all sales over $1k, whatever extension
Its good for dnf too, & the industry
 
Nice! Congrats - looks like you had two names on the list selling Liquors.org for just under $2k.

As you know, buyers frequently ask to keep sales confidential so imany sales go unreported.
 
Nice! Congrats - looks like you had two names on the list selling Liquors.org for just under $2k.

As you know, buyers frequently ask to keep sales confidential so imany sales go unreported.

Where was Liquors.org listed? I usually keep mine private but in an effort to boost values I have started reporting them.
 
Agreed! I am in love with .infos. I think they are going to rock in the future.
 
Just notified DNjournal of a $25500 .info transaction .
 
assuming they post it ... I never reported before ... but sent escrow screenshots etc .. so should be ok
 
Just notified DNjournal of a $25500 .info transaction .

:eek::eek::eek:

Jesus! Congrats Dolansco!!!!
Which one was it?
That's got to be in the top 20 reported .info sales :yes: ever :-#:
 
:eek::eek::eek:

Jesus! Congrats Dolansco!!!!
Which one was it?
That's got to be in the top 20 reported .info sales :yes: ever :-#:
Folks, the key word here is reported on these alt ext domains like .info or .us etc. as Ron at DNjournal would tell you himself. Those still buying don't want high prices reported, and sales prices below $1k aren't reported anyway. By the way, our last unreported .us sale was mid $x,xxx. We're still buying and selling.
 
Folks, the key word here is reported on these alt ext domains like .info or .us etc. as Ron at DNjournal would tell you himself. Those still buying don't want high prices reported, and sales prices below $1k aren't reported anyway. By the way, our last unreported .us sale was mid $x,xxx. We're still buying and selling.

i agree, vast bulk go unreported.
that's why it's important to report some.
obviously sometimes client confidentiality etc doesn't allow, but if the sales can be substantiated & both parties are cool, get them reported as can only help the industry & this forum.
i would say particularly for something like .us, because as a neutral, you just never see sales above xxx it seems.or very low $xxxx
sometimes there is the shock one, like the $15k sextoys.us. that's great for everyone
 
i would say particularly for something like .us, because as a neutral, you just never see sales above xxx it seems.or very low $xxxx sometimes there is the shock one, like the $15k sextoys.us. that's great for everyone
Some profit more in an inefficient market. The last significant .US sale I saw this month was for $75k. Also, to be honest, the biggest threat to .coms dominance in the US is the recognition and acceptance of the .US country code as an alternative. Don't expect hard line url bar TRAFFIC attendees to show anything but disdain,
 
assuming they post it ... I never reported before ... but sent escrow screenshots etc .. so should be ok

I tried that last week, but not on the update last tuesday. What the heck.
 
Some profit more in an inefficient market. The last significant .US sale I saw this month was for $75k.

true
that is quite a sale :eek:
mind you , it still wouldn't make me buy a .us :smilewinkgrin: lol
 
true that is quite a sale :eek:
mind you , it still wouldn't make me buy a .us :smilewinkgrin: lol
No prob Pred. The more for .US. I'll make up for you, as I expect to buy between 3 and 4 thousand more this year. Might be fun for us to have a bet on the success of the .US extension over the next year. What say $100 and we set some measures? :)
 
as I expect to buy between 3 and 4 thousand more this year. :)

:eek: okay, so i guess YOU like the extension :yes:
tbh for me it really has zero interest, i hope for you it takes off more
i think, it can only go up.
my main focus is .com, .info & .mobi, so that's where my time & money will be spent.
as far as bets are concerned, i'm sure pound for pound, .mobi & .info purchases & sales of mine will knock .us into a cocked hat.
the wager? any drink of your choice, when i bump into you at a conference.
tbh though Stoc, i've always liked you & would be more than happy to get you that anyhows :yes:
take it easy :cool:
Pred
 
I had OntarioVacations.info in the Traffic (Moniker) auction, without a nibble.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom