• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I have a Live Scammer! Unreal This Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EUROPEAN

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

Got this email this Afternoon from Takashi Nakagami!

He told me was interested in my domain www.wvoipphones.com

I new this was a scam as I had seen it posted somewhere here before, Thanks DNFORUM!

So I decided to have some Fun!

So follow the thread and Lets see how far I can string along this guy!

Any Suggestions would be welcome!

I dont know how he got me email address has to be off whois!

> Hello,
>
> Please send me price for your domain.
>
> We are very interested in this name.
>
> Did you get offers from other people already?
>
> Our company develops client-server systems ( MS SQL/ Visual C++ ), so
> investing in domain names is not my main business.
>
> Looking forward to do business with you.
>
> Best regards,
> Takashi Nakagami, Ph. D.
> President
> Opera Systems Ltd.

I replied with:

> Hi,
>
> I've had several offers from Mobile Phone Companies the highest been
$95,000
> from Nokkia.
>
> The deal should be closing this week, if you would like to counter
> with a higher offer contact me.
>
> Regards
>
> Tommy
>
>
> I would consider offers above this figure

He just replied with:

How about 105,000 USD? Ok?

Do you sell a web site or just the name? We are mostly interested in domain names.

Do you have an appraisal certificate?

Domain name is an investment for me. In other words I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal company. I heard many appraisal companies often made inaccurate appraisals.
I will only accept appraisals from independent sources I know and trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum http://**********.ourplace.com/Archive/75039.htm

Juck check this posting.

If the appraisal comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly.
I also hope you can give me 10% - 15% discount of the appraised value.

After I get an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.escrow.com, www.PayPal.com check or wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.


THIS IS SO FUNNY! DONT GET CAUGHT BY THIS GUY!:kev:
 
Haha I am laughing like hell for this scam.
this looks really funny.
 
yeah those are the funniest EVER! I got one for a horrible name and also asked for a crazy amount. Are these all for the same fraudulent appraisal service?
 
Hi Lads!

Just sent him the following Email :

Hi,

I've just had an offer of 135,000 Euros for the domain from Pacccific Communications Europe, A major player in the Telecom Industry.

If your still Interested I will get the domain appraised by your recommended appraiser thank you for recommending me an appraiser, I have been looking for a good one for quite a while, I think though the appraised price will be far greater than the current offer, how much money are you willing to spend on this domain?

Regards

Tommy
 
this is great. Keep it going as long as possible until you get into 8 figure territory.
 
lol keep upping the price. Tell him you got it appraised already and show him a fake certificate
 
we do waste your time with this crap?

spending your valuable time to attempt to make fun of scammers...awesome :dead:
 
GT Web said:
why do waste your time with this crap?

spending your valuable time to attempt to make fun of scammers...awesome :dead:

GT ...I'm going to have to agree with you on this!
 
Hi Lads,

I think the best suggestion is to email him a fake appraisal certificate for xxxxxxx USD !

Any Suggestions on a format for an appraisal Certificate?

Or does anyone have an appraisal certificate from the companys he's recommending?

This is funny alright!

Tommy
 
He IS the company he is recommending. That's the point.

EUROPEAN said:
Hi Lads,

I think the best suggestion is to email him a fake appraisal certificate for xxxxxxx USD !

Any Suggestions on a format for an appraisal Certificate?

Or does anyone have an appraisal certificate from the companys he's recommending?

This is funny alright!

Tommy
 
A friend sort of fell for this.

He bought an cert from sedo instead, emailed and was told it was invalid so paid afternic and told the same and to use one of the companies, he was about to when I was speaking to him, I warned him against it and he followed my advice
 
Be great to catch him out and email him his own certificate doctored!

I think I will keep upping the price on him every time and see how far he will go!

Unless anyone else has a cunning devious plan to prolong making an eejit out of him!
 
EUROPEAN said:
Be great to catch him out and email him his own certificate doctored!

I think I will keep upping the price on him every time and see how far he will go!

Unless anyone else has a cunning devious plan to prolong making an eejit out of him!
Yes, Ignore him completely is a very cunning stunt
You should know that he is just sending you auto template emails replies
He does thousands every day and couldn't care less what sort of reply you send
 
its better not to waste time with these sort of scammers. once I also got a similar kinds of email from one of the scammers saying that he wanted to buy my domains but he needs an appraisal and i should appraise that in the website that he tells me . I just got rid of that scammer. So its better to get rid of them or importantly ignore them.
 
If he thinks that he "almost got you" he will surely try again on someone else... Just drop it man.
 
Here's what you do...spend 4 hours in Photoshop making a really good fake appraisal, then email him and imagine what his face will look like. It will be great fun and you will only waste another few hours on this jerk who doesn't deserve more than 30 seconds of your time.
 
Well to be honest I thought it was amusing.

Well at least its a warning to others about this scam....
 
I have received those emails before. I usually just reply with, here is my price/range I am looking for. I am selling for this price based on my personal reasons, and if you think the price is unfair, then I guess we will be unable to due business together.

Short, simple, and to the point. If I want to sell something, I will sell for the price I want, and I'll wait as long as I need to to get that price. I'm not going to sell short because some punk doesn't think the name is worth that much.

Good for him then. Nobody is making him buy it. :-)
 
007, are you understanding the scam? It ain't about buying a domain for a low offer.
 
Duckinla said:
007, are you understanding the scam? It ain't about buying a domain for a low offer.
I am 100% sure he does. His way is just another way of telling this individual to PISS off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom