• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I have a Live Scammer! Unreal This Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Yes, I understand 100%. I'm just saying in general, even if it WASN'T a scam, I could care less what an appraisal values one of my names at. If I don't want to sell for less than X price, that's my business and nobody should assume that getting an appraisal will change my mind.

That said, I know that the above conversation was with a scammer, which is obvious. I was mainly referring to people who actually would try to talk somebody down by asking them to get a real appraisal through a credited legit service, which would still be stupid if you ask me.

To those people, I say, "There's the door." :-)
 
Next time someone gets one of these, tell 'em you want $50 for the name - wont bother you again.
 
Playing around with a scammer is a bad idea. He obviously has your email address from whois. Do you want to tick him and his hacker buddies off? The less of a target you make yourself the less chance you will be targetted. Toying with him can lead to trouble. There is nothing good that can come of it. You don't win any prizes for making fun of the scammers. However if the scammer gets you to open a keylogger or if he manages to hack into your local puter...well then you're screwed.

Stop playing is my advice.
 
Next time just don't even read the email if you know it's a scam. I agree with labrocca.
 
you should just save your time and do something else other than waste it dealing with a scammer whose identity remains obscured at best and of no business value....you are giving him hope whenever your reply to his/her mails!
 
I got the exact same email from this guy last week.

In the end he asked to be a broker to sell the name for a 15% cut, which I'm not interested in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom