• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I have back pain - any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
was just in the hospital for severe lower back pain, brought on over time by long periods of sitting down at work, and snow shovelling. My back just went one morning all of a sudden, and it's very painful. Getting better now but wondering if anyone has any suggestions on dealing with back pain, especially to do with sitting in front of a computer, or stretches, etc. Thanks in advance!
 
Go to Walmart and purchase the Blue Gel..works wonders!
 
Oh, I had this as well. Wrote a post about this a while back, and got lots of suggestions. I got better after a few painful weeks, but never really learned my lesson. Good posture, don't lean on the chair, or any other funny positions. Sleap in a good position, and try to spend less time on the computer. In the mean time, take some pain killers.
 
I had the same issue last week, pain was immense, it appears I pulled a muscle. Dr ordered heating pads, and I also invested in 2 x Herman Miller Aeron chairs - the best chair to sit on if you're on PC for hours on end...
 
You can get machines that send small electrical currents into your back which reduce the pain quite a bit. I used that along with Ibuprofen gel.
 
aren't certain medicinal herbs legal in BC?
this is not a joke.
 
hugegrowth, do you have disc/vertebrae problems, or is it muscular? i've had muscular problems from sitting (mainly thoracic spine), and found that a good stretching regime helped a lot.
 
hugegrowth, do you have disc/vertebrae problems, or is it muscular? i've had muscular problems from sitting (mainly thoracic spine), and found that a good stretching regime helped a lot.
This is paramount to determine before any treatment regime. Is it disc, spinal column, nerve, bone? All are treated differently and need different specialties.

I am in the medical field, hx of broken back, bone fused numerous years ago, aging issues, chronic back pain, and sciatic nerve which radiate down left leg to foot. Back problems are not to be taken lightly and need the proper and correct diagnosis. The proper and correct diagnosis is critical to identify the source of the problem. Once the source is identified, then the treatment plan needs to match.

Changing and alternating positions and quality of shoes helps when standing and walking, along with some medication. Posture is important. Even at times standing up while working on computer which may require a tall stool to prop on. Losing weight, situps (stomach muscles compensate for weaker back muscles).

Acupuncture has its merits, my wife has used this in the past, TENS unit (the electrical current for stimulating nerves) helps but is not long term solution.

Determine the problem, seek proper medical advice and specialists, and follow a treatment plan.
 
medicinal marijuana and exercise, frequent stetching and a hot tub... :ok: all better!
 
medicinal marijuana and exercise, frequent stetching and a hot tub... :ok: all better!
No, silly...they didn't ask what you do for YOUR back problem.

How big is the hot tub? :lol:

How is the medicinal Cannabis sativa administered? :rockon:
 
sativa? LMAO....you meant to say CANNABIS INDICA.. :hippie:
 
medicinal marijuana and exercise, frequent stetching and a hot tub... :ok: all better!
I don't dare ask how you hurt your back in the first place :lol:
 
should I post a pic? :pound:
 
People don't take their office chair seriously enough. They work on $1,500 computers that will need to be replaced in 2 years. They sit for decades in shabby chairs that cost less than a pair of shoes. Things that are slapped out of Asian factories and sold for $79.
If you spent $5,000 on a really good office chair that you can use for the rest of your career, you will not have paid too much. But I am very biased on this subject.
 
Do what Fab, Moroulis and Duck said, dont lean in your chair, use good posture and invest in a really good ergo chair, Herman Miller Aeron chairs are real nice and fairly priced.

I sometimes let my 5 year old daughter walk on my back when I'm hurting, and she only charges 1 bobblehead per session :)
 
Next time you have a nice sale, treat yourself to a good chair & a visit to a massage parlour ;)
c'mon guys! not one of them! a real one, have a proper sports massage.
okay, okay! you guys! :rolleyes: you can visit one of the 'other' massage places then too! but it has to be a really nice sale ;)
Pred :smilewinkgrin:
 
Thanks for all the advice everyone, I knew I could get some good suggestions here. It's the muscles in my lower back, so I think I'll be on a lifetime path of regular stretches and exercise to keep the back loose and strong. Right now I'm still not 100%, taking pain killers and relaxants, doing some stretches I was shown by physio, and lying down.

I'll also look into a better work chair.

For anyone who has a little back pain and thinks it's nothing, make sure you go to the doctor and get some help before you end up on the ground and unable to move! I never thought this would happen to me.
 
Physical therapy as prescribed by your MD.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom