• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I have got a question for all the SEO experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
5
Everybody is searching good generic premium names, single .com words is better but then we see even poker.(everything) achieves a good x,xxx most of the names.

Why ?

Where is the sense for example this past week in a sale of juegos.de ?
Juegos means games in Spanish but .de is Germany !!! Who does speak Spanish in Germany ???? Very very few people.....I can`t see any commercial use...otherwise I`m going to try to sell italian words too in any Country....
will that work ? I don`t think so, but correct me if I`wrong please.

And anyway, once every single word is gone why do we need to care so much about the name of a domain if at the end is not through the name that PPC works but through keywords????

For istance, what`s the difference between the following domain names for a PPC use if we use the SAME keywords for them ? Does the name really count or not ?

example:

www.mesothelioma-treatments.com

www.mesotheliomatreatments.com

www.mesotheliomacancertreatments.com

www.fuf8gtgtohjo9y9g.com


Do you really think that if we put the same keywords, then the 4th name will not get revenue ?

I saw today a few weird names with 4 words being in the top page for mesothelioma keywords on a very popular PPC program.

How is that ?
 
The keyword in the domain has no effect in SEO, having the better domain may only help in getting more type-in traffic.
 
weeps said:
The keyword in the domain has no effect in SEO, having the better domain may only help in getting more type-in traffic.

Hi, thank you for your comment...but so basically if we`re talking of domains with zero overture it makes no difference, not even if we compare a 40 letters name with a 4 letters name.

How come the keyword has no effect on SEO ? When you try to let a search find your website is not through keywords ??

Thank you
 
weeps said:
The keyword in the domain has no effect in SEO, having the better domain may only help in getting more type-in traffic.


That's not completely true.
While it doesn't play a prominent role, it is one among the minor factor considered by search engines.

However, the domain is important mostly to let people remember your website ;)
 
aldwin said:
That's not completely true.
While it doesn't play a prominent role, it is one among the minor factor considered by search engines.

However, the domain is important mostly to let people remember your website ;)

Yeah exactually, its such a small factor I don't even think it matters. Backlinks are the number one factor these days.
 
it seems adsense revenue optimize , not SEO
I heard this keyword cost $XX.XX per click
 
aldwin said:
That's not completely true.
While it doesn't play a prominent role, it is one among the minor factor considered by search engines.

However, the domain is important mostly to let people remember your website ;)


Hi Aldwin, thank you for your opinion.

I`m quite surprised not many people are giving their opinions on such important topic.

It seems that I was not totally wrong then.

So, a good name is useful only to memorize the name.....but then why some people buy 3 words even hyphenated domains for up to 20k ?

It just does not make sense to me.
 
I think that many search engines do look at the words in a domain name and sometimes hyphens are useful to tell a search engine the words.

My general knowledge about this issue leads me to believe that some search engines would like

domain-name.ORG
better that
domainname.COM

although human keyboarders would prefer the non-hyphenated dot com better.
 
I understand that....but I still do not get the USD 3,900 for juegos.de
 
italiandragon said:
I understand that....but I still do not get the USD 3,900 for juegos.de

Well, I look at it this way:

juegos means "games"
de means "of"

So, juegos.de/pelota is a great way (and the proper way) to say baseball games in spanish. This gives this domain endless possibilities.

I believe that in the future extensions will not be as big a factor as they are today. Somebody please put me on record as having said that - I will be famous someday for having predicted the "dot" future.

:brushteeth:
 
I`m just concerned that all of this is like the .com boom for stock markets in 1999-2000 and then when they realised that it was not all good....
 
italiandragon said:
Where is the sense for example this past week in a sale of juegos.de ?
Juegos means games in Spanish but .de is Germany !!! Who does speak Spanish in Germany ???? Very very few people.....I can`t see any commercial use...otherwise I`m going to try to sell italian words too in any Country....
will that work ? I don`t think so, but correct me if I`wrong please.

Okay, I will. Among the Western Europeans, you'll find that most of them speak multiple languages. If I'm ever stuck in Germany (don't know why I'd be there, but whatever), I'll start asking people to help me in Spanish. There are a lot of people who speak Spanish in Germany, even though it's not their mother tongue. Where kids in the US might learn how to say "How are you" in Spanish by the time they're 18, schoolchildren in Europe start learning at least two other languages (in most situations) before they even enter "junior high school."

I agree, however, that the novelty of that domain name probably comes from "juegos de blah blah blah."
 
An accurate domain name also legitimizes you when some sees a link. Would you go to http://punkkidsrulz.com/homemortgages if it showed up in a link page while searching for mortgages?

As for .com, ask yourself this. Do you know people who pay extra money to have a good address for their real-world business or upscale homes?

Do people pay outrageous fees to join an exclusive country club?

.com is the club for legitimate business. If you are real, you can afford it.
 
weeps said:
Yeah exactually, its such a small factor I don't even think it matters. Backlinks are the number one factor these days.

Quality, related backlinks.
No point in getting backlinks from a car site if you sell apples.

Also, BigG and other SE like spontaneous links, the one you get without NOTHING in return.
 
If you're prepared to build a real site to monetise from PPC etc., and you are prepared to work it and add useful and pertinent content, the idea of using keywords with hyphens in a domain name works really well for SEO.

Like: www.right-to-buy-council-house-mortgage.co.uk

This one has no decent content, but you'll see the idea.

Look at the vB SEO mod for this forum in action in your URL bar in your browser. All keywords for SEO are optimised with hyphens separating them.
 
thanks to all for your opinions.

Spinlock: I know what you mean since I am from Rome and I learned English since I was a child but the level of learning was really bad and since then it just got worse.
You can`t base that sale on that theory, I doubt there will be any german typing juegos looking for games.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom