Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

i want YOUR opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjsweeting

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all- would appreciate your experienced and valued opinions on the "best" strategies for making consistent money in the domain industry. I first looked into domains in early 2008: bought an ebook, did the research, got the memberships, bought a few domains and even sold one on this forum for a reasonable profit.

Figured the best way to approach this business at that time was to bring more capital to the table to invest with.. well it's been nearly two years and after revisiting the idea I found myself still highly interested and am finally in a position to get pretty serious about this.

Obviously would like to build off a solid foundation and have a clear gameplan. Seems like there are many avenues to go down here and I'd like to hear from you what has worked best for you so that I know where to begin my research...

- buying expired names with traffic and flipping?
- affiliate marketing?
- building large portfolio and creating monthly revenue?
- buying, holding / content building?

All advice and help is appreciated.. Thanks for your time!

- Patrick

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rule #1 - Quality over quantity. I'd rather have a couple really good names than dozens of "OK" names - it really helps with renewals.

Rule #2 - Content is king. Your best way is to build up sites unless the domains themselves have a record of consistent traffic and revenue parked - but some people may not even care about that (since that can easily be manipulated). Content and development also helps with affiliate marketing - find programs that match your content and place affiliate ads, even if it is just AdSense and Amazon.com links.

Flipping is a good way to make money fast but you need to know what to buy and when - some people have mastered this while most others still struggle with it.

pjsweeting

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was hoping you would say something like that. My initial idea is to split time between flipping (short-term$) and building affiliate/content sites (long-term$).

Being as experienced as you are, can you point me to a few decent aids/ebooks (I know there are some reviewed on here already) that educate specifically on affiliate marketing or flipping? I have a few bookmarked as of now and while I don't buy into their 'get rich quick' sales pitch I can't imagine that they don't hold valuable information...

Thanks for your reply

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not that experienced and most eBooks are generally only there to make the seller money.

Your best bet is to read forums (like this one), ask the right questions, and sort though post after post to find the valuable information.

Next, it's just trial and error. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. As long as you learn what made a winner and what made a loser then you're on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom