• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

i was having a year off until ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you email monte [email protected] (He's a DNF member) and ask him for a special rate, He lowered mine after asking.
 
Sold a name a few days ago and the buyer wanted to transfer it out to godaddy. He emailed me back lastnight to tell me Godaddy charged him a $2.98 "private transfer fee" whatever that is... They seem to be getting very fee horny.
 
smarouli said:
same here... moving all my GoDaddy domains to moniker, the issue is moving out any 1and1 domain which is a PAIN :(
Actually, when I transferred a domain from 1and1 to Moniker a month ago, it went quite smoothly with the added fact that Moniker sent frequent notices updating me on the progress ..
 
WhoDatDog said:
Let-em waste their time and money. If they are willing to spend over 1K on the dispute, plus attorney's fees and time and effort, then I am sure they will be willing to pay you off when they lose the cae. I sure hope you didn't have your contact info hidden. That's why I always say to put an easy-to-use
For Sale link on most of your pages.....you probably would have given them the name for a few K. 90 percent of my sales come from links on my pages.....over 90 percent of other people's names don't have these links...this is what happens when you don't allow people to make an inquiry without making an offer.....many people don't even know how to use Whois....I assume that these people did, but I still had to make the point.
What kind of a link do you put on your page, and where?
Something like "This domain is for sale, click here"?
 
MonikerMan said:
just email me at [email protected] and we will take care of you....any of you.

This is exactly why at the end of this year I will have well over 500 names at Moniker and I will looking to continue expanding my portfolio there.

Moniker on a scale of 1-10 is an 11. :-)

Thanks again Monte
 
I should get a sales commission from Gold Key becasue all I do is tell people to use their easy to use For Sale links. I would have very few end-user sales if not for those links. Remember, most people don't know what the heck a domain name is, let alone how to check the Whois. I had names for two months before I even knew how to transfer one. With Gold Key someone can inquire without making an offer...this is HUGE. I can see where it woud be tough to sell names if people can't get in touch with you. Funny thing is that I would never have even found Gold Key if I didn't get into a dispute last summer with Fabulous. I make ten times as much in sales than I could with PPC anyway....and Gold Key PPC is pretty good as well. I turned a negative into a positive.
 
Update :
Ive just had the the case come via airmail from the u.s and they are going for it big time with their lawyer using fancy words and flash a presentation but im gonna fight like a dog !
 
Good for you, fight it. They don't deserve to have it.
 
Other PPC providers also let you have a "for sale" sign up as well. Both DomainSponsor and Sedo do it.

I know everyone sings Monte's praises and I am no exception. We are slowly moving our domains over to Moniker. Not only does he respond to your email queries promptly, but their escrow service is better than Escrow.com (and generally cheaper).
 
I got the hell out of GoDaddy and over to Moniker long ago.
 
britishbulldog said:
Update :
Ive just had the the case come via airmail from the u.s and they are going for it big time with their lawyer using fancy words and flash a presentation but im gonna fight like a dog !

Have you thought about talking to a lawyer about this?
 
No i havnt the cash but i have had their response to my defence off their big time New York Lawyers,they use flash words point this case out and that case but fail to back up the facts,i only need to proove i bought the name in good faith for it to be dismissed !
 
It is not that simple. You should try and reply to every point they make in their complaint. That takes a lot of research.
 
The best part is ,the thousands they are spending through lawyers and the $1300 on top for the complaintthey could of bought the domain cheaper !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom