Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Ideas for New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

papadopulos

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, it would allow the members to talk about other things and keep people active on the site which is always a good thing, right?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, lets forget about domaining...

Now you know why .com rules, the following gTLDs would be crap:

.Movies
.Music (oops, already applied for)
.Autos
.Dating
.RealEstate
.Travel (oops, already exists)
.Finance

papadopulos

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domaining will always be the center of this community, so do you think adding sections like that would really take away from that?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domaining will always be the center of this community, so do you think adding sections like that would really take away from that?
Essentially, that is what the gold forum is for...anyone can just about post anything they wish.

I think there are other forums or chat rooms that exist for those subjects/topics. I'm not saying they can or can not appear on the forum (not my forum) but it sounds like getting way out of bounds on this forum.

For instance, today I needed to look up the historical performances of some mutual funds. I went to a mutual fund site. I did not go to DNF. Earlier in the week, I wanted to get a feel about what others are/were saying about this weeks NFL games. I went to a forum called Start em and Sit em. I did not go to DNF to see which players to play in this weeks matchups.

And the odd part was neither of those sites had anything on them about domaining.

It seems to me that when things get way off topic, that is an invitation to spam...lots of it. Been seeing a great deal of spam here on DNF in the past couple of weeks. Someone signs up and posts something in several sub-forums unrelated to the topic. All these off topic topics will be indexed in google. That will invite more.

Again, its not my forum. Adam can dictate what he wants and doesn't want.

Or he can go to another forum and post seeking advice on what to do on this forum.

mamatha

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this information by using old method of forums only we have to seach some new ideas.proven best practices, and peer to peer networking from the best minds in the industry and a chance to implement these creative programs into your own institutions,and change registration format,like that we have to seach some new methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators