• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Ideas for New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it would allow the members to talk about other things and keep people active on the site which is always a good thing, right?
 
Yeah, lets forget about domaining...
 
Yeah, lets forget about domaining...

Now you know why .com rules, the following gTLDs would be crap:

.Movies
.Music (oops, already applied for)
.Autos
.Dating
.RealEstate
.Travel (oops, already exists)
.Finance
 
Domaining will always be the center of this community, so do you think adding sections like that would really take away from that?
 
Domaining will always be the center of this community, so do you think adding sections like that would really take away from that?
Essentially, that is what the gold forum is for...anyone can just about post anything they wish.

I think there are other forums or chat rooms that exist for those subjects/topics. I'm not saying they can or can not appear on the forum (not my forum) but it sounds like getting way out of bounds on this forum.

For instance, today I needed to look up the historical performances of some mutual funds. I went to a mutual fund site. I did not go to DNF. Earlier in the week, I wanted to get a feel about what others are/were saying about this weeks NFL games. I went to a forum called Start em and Sit em. I did not go to DNF to see which players to play in this weeks matchups.

And the odd part was neither of those sites had anything on them about domaining.

It seems to me that when things get way off topic, that is an invitation to spam...lots of it. Been seeing a great deal of spam here on DNF in the past couple of weeks. Someone signs up and posts something in several sub-forums unrelated to the topic. All these off topic topics will be indexed in google. That will invite more.

Again, its not my forum. Adam can dictate what he wants and doesn't want.

Or he can go to another forum and post seeking advice on what to do on this forum.
 
Thanks for this information by using old method of forums only we have to seach some new ideas.proven best practices, and peer to peer networking from the best minds in the industry and a chance to implement these creative programs into your own institutions,and change registration format,like that we have to seach some new methods.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom