• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

If I'd only gotten into Domains 3 years earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
2,455
Reaction score
0
I often hear newbies and some of the not so newbies exclaim their wish that they'd gotten a jump on others and started as a Domainer 3 years earlier. So I went back over 3 years from today to see what DNF members were guilty of regging back then. Some of these names mentioned were regged in 2001 or before, so take that into consideration. Here's a copy of the October 2002 Contest post.

:laugh: Just for Laughs
35 members participated in this contest submitting 84 really bad names. These were members who were brave enough to stand up to public ridicule, and will each be rewarded with 10 DNF$. We all owe them an atta-boy for paying to reg these names and removing them from the available lists. In fact, some members continue to renew these names. Several members had numerous additional names to enter but the contest was limited to 6 entries each.

A thank you is in order for the Judges -RJ- and NamePopper and DNmother

1st Place tackshookers.com 750 DNF$ to lotsofissues

2nd Place britneyspearchucker.com 250 DNF$ to kidkool

3rd Place savemoneyonmeat.com 50 DNF$ to SteveK

Honorable mention goes to:
Underarm.info by mems
Prawnstars.com by Andy_UK
Plento.com by Hoodrider
Tv2c.tv by Ed30
Pussyfart.net by bidawinner

Note: A favorite of the Judges was hugh-g-rection.com which unfortunately expired on 10-14-02 submitted by DomainPairs.

StocDoctor
 
Thanks for the flashback :)

I was SteveK back then.. Coming third in that competition was the highlight of my domaining career.
 
There goes whatever reputation I ever had :-D

By the way who was dnmother? I don't remember her.
 
Isnt -RJ- from name pros? Did we have a contest here at dnforum or namepros?
 
khuldun said:
Isnt -RJ- from name pros? Did we have a contest here at dnforum or namepros?
Not if you still remember the (in)famous persona NamePopper who was once "friend and buddy" of many here and was even featured on DNJournal.
 
Heh, I got 2nd place.
 
britneyspearchucker.com re-regged since 2003
Prawnstars.com still regged since 2000
Plento.com re-regged since 2005
Pussyfart.net re-regged since 2005
 
i really do wish i had started earlier though...
 
I did start pretty early, 1997,...but my name was already taken by an architecture firm whose partners last names happened to match my first and last name. They've since disappeared and snapnames did snag it for a reasonable price last year! I still haven't done anything with it. But it does make me happy. Stupidly, I never thought of squatting. I only bought names I had a direct interest in. But domains were $150/yr when I started.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom