• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

If you own a .PRO domain please look in here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc

Old school
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
1,574
Reaction score
5
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of registering a .pro domain at encirca.co.uk but after reading through their .pro FAQ it seems like it may be a very lengthy process and there is no guarantee that I'll actually get the domain (it's a generic one word .pro).

For anyone who has these types of domains, how long did the registration process take and how complicated was it?

The domain I want to get is fairly generic and it doesn't really have a profession, but it looks nice as a .pro. I'm getting it to develop a serious site so I would hate to lose it if they didn't think it was ".pro" material.

I have already read all of the .pro faqs, so please do not bother pasting them here. I want to hear from people who have these types of domains.

Your response is appreciated.

Thanks!
Luc L.
 
I have a few at encirca...instant reg.. no problems selling as I sold one at sedo. instant pushes to another encirca account ..$99 per year..reg fee
my 2cents AOK
G/L
jim
 
Thanks Jim. Just what I wanted to hear.
 
I'll second that. Encirca, though overpriced (imho) is a viable and safe company. I had no issues with them and they were always quick to resolve (within 24 hours) most issues.

Only thing aside from pricing I would like them to change is their DNS system. It's circa 1997.
 
Luc,

No problems so far with Encirca... as you probably know there's a loophole for registering .pro through them. I think the trick is safe unless Registry Pro change their mind one day (but they should have done so a long time ago).
For registering 3rd level names like .med.pro or .eng.pro that's a whole different story if you are not accredited...
Even though there have been a few .pro sales I believe they are hard to sell and they are not for free. Use them actively for your business.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom