• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I'm about of being cheated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
So, I'm "buying" a domain from a guy using escrow.com.
The domain is in eNom.
I sent the payment, the payment was approved.
They asked the seller to send the domain and I provided the seller with my account enom to push the name.
Now, the name shows my registrant information but it is not in my account.
I guess he got my registration data from the domain in my email account.

I don't want to think bad right away, the guy is an eNom reseller and from what I know have lots of domains, so seems somehow "respectable".

What should I do ?
 
Biggest flaw in escrow is that a "seller" can just change the contact info to your contacts .. the tell escrow name was pushed .. so then escrow releases the money.

I would contact escrow immediately and say that you have not received the domain and that the seller only changed the contact information. Then offcourse the seller can say the same thing ... so you need to call them right away instead of just sending an email.
 
have you tried logging out and then back in to your account?
Sometimes they don't show up until you do this
 
VirtualIT, you're right ! It showed up after I loged out and in again.

But still something is strange. The domain registration has typos in my address.
Looks like he change the data before the transfer.

Just a question, if he is a eNom reseller, does he have "power" to take the domain away from me ?
 
no, but make sure you change the access password for the domain
 
Which "access password" for the domain?
I just know my account/password for my account where I have several domains on eNom.
The domain was pushed to this account, the account I've been always using. Is the domain somehow still tied to the prior account, or just didn't get it ?
 
no, under the general settings for the domain you can specify an access password where through a web interface you can change things like dns, email and whois info.
I think by default, the password is not changed during a push.
 
Ohh, I see. The access password is the feature that allows you modify DNS and other technical settings, right?
Ok, I changed it just in case.
 
I suggest you transfer the name out. As a domainer it is uncomfortable being under other domain resellers.
Well, maybe it's just me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom