• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Interesting notice about national domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
6
One more thing about value of non-english generic domain names. Here in Poland people very seldom use .com or .net ext. Approx. 90-95% type words with .pl ext. So .com's with polish words are not very valuable ...

Many people outside Poland don't realize about what I wrote above and use to pay much more for DN with COM ext. So I have difficulties with selling my PLs (to foreign investors for they still prefer COMs), although .PLs are much more valuable.

What is your experience in your countries ... ?

Regards,
Luke
 
.com rules in english speaking countries, but as you say , country code domains are valuable in non-english speaking countries, such as the .de in germany is very popular.
 
Luke4u : here in Belgium, the same goes.
Most foreign investors keep focusing on .com's while good ccTLD-keyworddomains can generate very high ROI's.
Two years ago, I was crapping around with low-quality dotcom domains, since then I re-focused and started buying top-keyword ccTLD-domains. It turned out to be a very lucrative strategy...

For English-speaking countries, dotcom might remain King, but I believe ccTLD's have a great future ahead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom