Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Is .ca worth to register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have came across many good keyword .ca domains available to register. My question is... are they worth it? I believe .ca is for Canada right? I hardly hear any .ca for sale. I would like to hear your comment about .ca.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kawing

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the thread I read which gets me wonder about .ca domains. So which registrar is the cheapest for .ca? Also, there is no residential requirement to register right?

One more question... is French the primary language in Canada? I went to pick up a AAA brouchure and maps of Canada and the maps are all in French.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the thread I read which gets me wonder about .ca domains. So which registrar is the cheapest for .ca? Also, there is no residential requirement to register right?

One more question... is French the primary language in Canada? I went to pick up a AAA brouchure and maps of Canada and the maps are all in French.

LOL, your kidding right?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Actually the french brochures are preferred as they burn best to heat our igloos. :smilewinkgrin:

Ahhh excusez moi. Je ne parle en francais.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually the french brochures are preferred as they burn best to heat our igloos. :smilewinkgrin:

Ahhh excusez moi. Je ne parle en francais.

C'est drôle!

Well in certain places in Canada like in the heart of Quebec City you would think francais was the one official language of Canada. But outside of Quebec fewer and fewer Canadians are speaking it.

There is great value in .ca. Considering any .ca website I have operating gets anywhere from 25-60% of the traffic from US sources, it's clear they get equal play on google.com, yahoo, msn etc.

But unless you can meet the residency requirements you can't register .ca domains. Of course this doesn't stop those that really want them... just know that from time to time CIRA (group in charge of .ca) do audits and pull domains.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Garyrcanuck, sorry I misread your post. But I read somewhere else that I don't have to be residence of Canada in order to register.

Kamloops, I never go to Canada... but planning a trip in Sept to visit a friend at Montreal. That's why I went to AAA (or CAA) to pick up the maps. I think AAA gave me the wrong version...

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Varchar, no problem, Visiting Montreal, awe the girls of montreal, I lived there for a while a long, long time ago, It was fantastic back then. I ne pas parly francais(speak French). But that did not slow up the action.It was always said the women of montreal are the most beautiful in the world. :yes:
Oh here I go reminiscing again :lol:

MARCARIA.COM

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi! Only entities that have residence or nationality from Canada can register .ca domain names. In case that you don’t meet this requirement, you can still register a .ca domain if you own a Registered Trademark in Canada. Our company can help you with both domain and trademark registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom