• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Is .ca worth to register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
1,760
Reaction score
0
I have came across many good keyword .ca domains available to register. My question is... are they worth it? I believe .ca is for Canada right? I hardly hear any .ca for sale. I would like to hear your comment about .ca.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kawing
 
Yes, that's the thread I read which gets me wonder about .ca domains. So which registrar is the cheapest for .ca? Also, there is no residential requirement to register right?

One more question... is French the primary language in Canada? I went to pick up a AAA brouchure and maps of Canada and the maps are all in French.
 
Yes, that's the thread I read which gets me wonder about .ca domains. So which registrar is the cheapest for .ca? Also, there is no residential requirement to register right?

One more question... is French the primary language in Canada? I went to pick up a AAA brouchure and maps of Canada and the maps are all in French.

LOL, your kidding right?
 
Yes, that's the thread I read which gets me wonder about .ca domains. So which registrar is the cheapest for .ca? Also, there is no residential requirement to register right?

One more question... is French the primary language in Canada? I went to pick up a AAA brouchure and maps of Canada and the maps are all in French.


Actually the french brochures are preferred as they burn best to heat our igloos. :smilewinkgrin:

Ahhh excusez moi. Je ne parle en francais.
 
Actually the french brochures are preferred as they burn best to heat our igloos. :smilewinkgrin:

Ahhh excusez moi. Je ne parle en francais.

C'est drôle!

Well in certain places in Canada like in the heart of Quebec City you would think francais was the one official language of Canada. But outside of Quebec fewer and fewer Canadians are speaking it.

There is great value in .ca. Considering any .ca website I have operating gets anywhere from 25-60% of the traffic from US sources, it's clear they get equal play on google.com, yahoo, msn etc.

But unless you can meet the residency requirements you can't register .ca domains. Of course this doesn't stop those that really want them... just know that from time to time CIRA (group in charge of .ca) do audits and pull domains.
 
Hi Garyrcanuck, sorry I misread your post. But I read somewhere else that I don't have to be residence of Canada in order to register.

Kamloops, I never go to Canada... but planning a trip in Sept to visit a friend at Montreal. That's why I went to AAA (or CAA) to pick up the maps. I think AAA gave me the wrong version...
 
you must be a resident of Canada, or have a business here, or some kind of tie to Canada. Check out the Cira.ca site for requirements.
 
Hey Varchar, no problem, Visiting Montreal, awe the girls of montreal, I lived there for a while a long, long time ago, It was fantastic back then. I ne pas parly francais(speak French). But that did not slow up the action.It was always said the women of montreal are the most beautiful in the world. :yes:
Oh here I go reminiscing again :lol:
 
Hi! Only entities that have residence or nationality from Canada can register .ca domain names. In case that you don’t meet this requirement, you can still register a .ca domain if you own a Registered Trademark in Canada. Our company can help you with both domain and trademark registration.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom