Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is it against the rules to delete/clean my old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have one question. I have a sale thread here at DNF created 4 month ago - it was closed by mods and I wasn't able to delete the content (domains with prices). It was a Xmas time and the prices were rather not high. There were 15 domains totally, some domains were sold in the future - but some are not till today.
Now I have a problem, cause trying to sell these names to endusers and I'm worring that endusers would find this thread with not enduser's pricing.

I can't delete this thread and can't edit it - so asked two mods to help me - with no result and no reply.

Is it against the rules to make it? If not - is it possible to help me?

Regards, Nick

Upvote 0

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why closed or locked post for infractions are not deleted anyway?

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, it would be nice to be able to edit your own posts in order to delete prices.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys :)
Well, we have an opportunity to edit our threads (I do it regularly), but in this situation when the thread is closed I can't do it, but really want to.
I don't remember why my thread was closed (probably it was duplicated or something like that)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have one question. I have a sale thread here at DNF created 4 month ago - it was closed by mods and I wasn't able to delete the content (domains with prices). It was a Xmas time and the prices were rather not high. There were 15 domains totally, some domains were sold in the future - but some are not till today.
Now I have a problem, cause trying to sell these names to endusers and I'm worring that endusers would find this thread with not enduser's pricing.

I can't delete this thread and can't edit it - so asked two mods to help me - with no result and no reply.

Is it against the rules to make it? If not - is it possible to help me?

Regards, Nick

Hi Nick

i never received your request, but i went ahead and checked your past threads.

the one that was closed, (12/27/11) was because you didn't put a dn in the title.

i have edited the post and removed all the names and posted "closed".

Thanks and Good Luck!

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you biggedon!

Yes, that was the thread I was talking about :)
And yes, I sent the request to another persons.
Thank you much!
Nick
Hi Nick

i never received your request, but i went ahead and checked your past threads.

the one that was closed, (12/27/11) was because you didn't put a dn in the title.

i have edited the post and removed all the names and posted "closed".

Thanks and Good Luck!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Now it's Easter (at least for the Eastern Orthodox Churches!) so you have to re-edit the thread with lower prices :D

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree as well, if a thread is closed, all content should be erased from the OP.

Last edited:

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now it's Easter (at least for the Eastern Orthodox Churches!) so you have to re-edit the thread with lower prices :D

Yes, Easter eggs are prepared for painting here.
And I always have a good Easter prices for the people from Eastern Orthodox Churches :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree as well, if a thread is closed, all content should be erased from the OP.

Hi

if a thread is closed, then the OP cannot erase anything. they should do that prior to.

this excerpt below is from Rule #12.

"All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old are considered null and void unless otherwise stated by the original poster / seller and can be closed by administration at any time."

i advise members to monitor and edit their threads accordingly, before the time threshold indicated above.

Thanks and again Good Luck!

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

if a thread is closed, then the OP cannot erase anything. they should do that prior to.

this excerpt below is from Rule #12.

"All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old are considered null and void unless otherwise stated by the original poster / seller and can be closed by administration at any time."

i advise members to monitor and edit their threads accordingly, before the time threshold indicated above.

Thanks and again Good Luck!

I understand if you close a thread manually, but if a mod closes a thread, the OP is locked from editing the post. If the post is not within rules, it should be deleted then locked. I think with all the rules changes in the past month, many people have found themselves with buy it now at reseller pricing, on locked threads...

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi if a thread is closed, then the OP cannot erase anything. they should do that prior to.

Unless a mod locked it.

There are 6 locked threads on the first page of the appraisal section , 6 too many!

12 locked useless threads on the front page of the "Domain Name Auction" Forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators