• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is it against the rules to delete/clean my old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,643
Reaction score
34
Hey guys,

I have one question. I have a sale thread here at DNF created 4 month ago - it was closed by mods and I wasn't able to delete the content (domains with prices). It was a Xmas time and the prices were rather not high. There were 15 domains totally, some domains were sold in the future - but some are not till today.
Now I have a problem, cause trying to sell these names to endusers and I'm worring that endusers would find this thread with not enduser's pricing.

I can't delete this thread and can't edit it - so asked two mods to help me - with no result and no reply.

Is it against the rules to make it? If not - is it possible to help me?

Regards, Nick
 
Upvote 0
I am not sure why closed or locked post for infractions are not deleted anyway?
 
I agree, it would be nice to be able to edit your own posts in order to delete prices.
 
Thanks for the support guys :)
Well, we have an opportunity to edit our threads (I do it regularly), but in this situation when the thread is closed I can't do it, but really want to.
I don't remember why my thread was closed (probably it was duplicated or something like that)
 
Hey guys,

I have one question. I have a sale thread here at DNF created 4 month ago - it was closed by mods and I wasn't able to delete the content (domains with prices). It was a Xmas time and the prices were rather not high. There were 15 domains totally, some domains were sold in the future - but some are not till today.
Now I have a problem, cause trying to sell these names to endusers and I'm worring that endusers would find this thread with not enduser's pricing.

I can't delete this thread and can't edit it - so asked two mods to help me - with no result and no reply.

Is it against the rules to make it? If not - is it possible to help me?

Regards, Nick

Hi Nick


i never received your request, but i went ahead and checked your past threads.

the one that was closed, (12/27/11) was because you didn't put a dn in the title.


i have edited the post and removed all the names and posted "closed".

Thanks and Good Luck!
 
Thank you biggedon!

Yes, that was the thread I was talking about :)
And yes, I sent the request to another persons.
Thank you much!
Nick
Hi Nick


i never received your request, but i went ahead and checked your past threads.

the one that was closed, (12/27/11) was because you didn't put a dn in the title.


i have edited the post and removed all the names and posted "closed".

Thanks and Good Luck!
 
Now it's Easter (at least for the Eastern Orthodox Churches!) so you have to re-edit the thread with lower prices :D
 
I agree as well, if a thread is closed, all content should be erased from the OP.
 
Last edited:
Now it's Easter (at least for the Eastern Orthodox Churches!) so you have to re-edit the thread with lower prices :D

Yes, Easter eggs are prepared for painting here.
And I always have a good Easter prices for the people from Eastern Orthodox Churches :)
 
I agree as well, if a thread is closed, all content should be erased from the OP.


Hi

if a thread is closed, then the OP cannot erase anything. they should do that prior to.



this excerpt below is from Rule #12.

"All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old are considered null and void unless otherwise stated by the original poster / seller and can be closed by administration at any time."

i advise members to monitor and edit their threads accordingly, before the time threshold indicated above.

Thanks and again Good Luck!
 
Hi

if a thread is closed, then the OP cannot erase anything. they should do that prior to.



this excerpt below is from Rule #12.

"All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old are considered null and void unless otherwise stated by the original poster / seller and can be closed by administration at any time."

i advise members to monitor and edit their threads accordingly, before the time threshold indicated above.

Thanks and again Good Luck!

I understand if you close a thread manually, but if a mod closes a thread, the OP is locked from editing the post. If the post is not within rules, it should be deleted then locked. I think with all the rules changes in the past month, many people have found themselves with buy it now at reseller pricing, on locked threads...
 
Hi if a thread is closed, then the OP cannot erase anything. they should do that prior to.

Unless a mod locked it.

There are 6 locked threads on the first page of the appraisal section , 6 too many!

12 locked useless threads on the front page of the "Domain Name Auction" Forum.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom