Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Is it OK to just ignore an offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bern

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have a domain parked on Sedo as for sale, and then change your mind about selling it unless the price offered is irresistable, is it OK to just ignore the offer?

Or does ignoring it bring on consequences, such as automatic acceptance?

Thanks!

Bern

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a real pain to respond if you have many prime listed domains and you get rediculous low ball offers....

-=DCG=-

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... i usually just ignore the offer ..as i get many $ 60 offers on one worders - would leave me with $ 10 after commission (cost of registration $ 6.95) - what are people thinking.. ?

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What obligation does SEDO have when a full price offer has been made? If you offer full price and never hear back, I think they should remove the listing.

It would be nice to have a place with realistic selling prices and fair offers, perhaps a better screening method would help all parties..?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
D MARKS said:
It would be nice to have a place with realistic selling prices and fair offers, perhaps a better screening method would help all parties..?

You basically just described Great Domains ... they screen all listings, and extremely limit what they accept. Their system works good occasionally, but overall Great Domains is losing out on much of the domain name resale market because of their restrictions; very arrogant people there.

With that said, Sedo has a limit on pricing of domains. For some transactions, that works out better, but for others, I'm not so sure ... personally, I prefer to see a price, even if it's totally rediculous, than "make offer" ... an ask price to me conveys the impression one is serious about selling now.

Ron

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some good news!
In a few weeks, Sedo will be implementing a whole new listing system, whereby customers will have more control over bids, minimum offers etc.

This will be the first of several improvements to be implemented, that Sedo is currently planning. Many of these improvements are the result of all your comments and suggestions. Thanks for your continuing support and feedback - we really appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

foxnet

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is great news!cheers for for sedo.!!

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It may not interest you but for every offer you receive it gets tracked so names names that receive a lot of offers reflect same on one of sedo listings I would think that would be a positive for sale price eventually.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi everyone,

I have some good news!
In a few weeks, Sedo will be implementing a whole new listing system, whereby customers will have more control over bids, minimum offers etc.

This will be the first of several improvements to be implemented, that Sedo is currently planning. Many of these improvements are the result of all your comments and suggestions. Thanks for your continuing support and feedback - we really appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Looking forward to the upgrades. Thanks for keeping us up to speed :)

When will this happen? September....?

Bern

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was early June that I started this thread and did ignore a $60 offer on June 8th, but now received a letter from Sedo that I should have counter offered and not ignore offers. (I thought since it was way back in June it would have been cancelled by now.)

So This morning I went down the list and put prices on every name in order to avoid another $60 offer, and when I clicked Save Changes, that didn't work either and I got ERROR ... can't list names for $10,000, but I didn't list anything that high.

I've had problems clicking certain things on Sedo site before and afraid if I do respond in any way to a ridiculously low offer, it will go through as accepted whether I want it or not.

I'm blaming my PC, not Sedo, as I've had two crashes, have a spyware thing I can't get rid of even with Spy eliminators, and there are other sites that don't work when I click a Save or Submit button.

I Guess my question is, how do you put Prices on your names and have them recorded?

Thanks!
Bern

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had sedo website acting weird many times in last 2 years when it comes to offers.

I do not like the way sedo tries to force sellers to keep the price below $10,000 unless they order an appraisal.

May be sedo can get rid of this forceful functionality that irritates sellers.

Hopefully!!!

Regards,

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo has another trick whereby if you don't respond to a ridiculously lowball offer, you'll receive this email from them about 10 days later:
"Dear XXXXXX,

Congratulations! There is a new offer waiting for you
on the domain name XXXXX.COM.

Please login to your Sedo account and click on "View my offers"
to negotiate or complete the sale. Please don't delay; offers are only valid for seven days."

When you get there, you find out it's the same old offer you never responded to 10 days earlier.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my case, I accepted a buyer's offer and SEDO says payment received from buyer and transfer request being sent. I have emailed questions using SEDO's internal system via user interface about how and when I get payments but they are not responding. It's been 4-5 days already. I plan to reject transfer if SEDO does not respond when and how I get my money.

What do u guys say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom