• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is the combo "BestBuy" a trademark violation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 7
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
58
I was thinking to register a small set of "BestBuy+objectname.com" domains to use for a future project, due to the high impact of these keywords but I'm afraid I'd risk to waste time and work behind it if in a near future "Best Buy stores" might sue me and win them.

In the best of your knowledge, have they exclusive international rights to use "BestBuy" associated to any kind of commercial activity ?
I see there're thousands of BestBuy domains currently registered but I should be sure there's no real risk to be sued in a possible near future by registering-using them to promote some affiliate programs as in my intentions, let me know your opinion, thanks.
 
Ok, I'll try to register domains not related to the fields where they currently own a registered trademark but I'll investigate further on this matter first.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom