• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is the "v" prefix completely and utterly dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wordplay

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 10, 2003
Messages
892
Reaction score
3
I realize that the "v" prefix has limped along from the beginning, but I just found a killer domain available with that prefix.

Has anyone sold a vDomain.com recently?

Thanks.
 
I dont think it was ever alive...
 
It was/is... but never too healthy.

Again: anyone sell any vDomains.com lately?
 
not healthy at all, I cant move mine....but then again, I am not in a rush to sell em. Did move one.
 
vBulletin.com ...
 
I got vBusiness.co.uk, PR2, but I never tried to sell it...
 
the domain I moved was actually associated with this software...go figure...
 
vpets.com just sold for $5k at Sedo....
 
Thanks all.

...and Aerrial, very interesting.

What the heck, I went ahead and registered vSpyware.com.
 
vgoogle.com will have some typo traffic as well ;)
 
Turned down several $xxx offers in the past few months on vforex com
 
The V means "virtual" and doesn't work when redundant. Vpets (virtualpets) works. Vrealestate works. Vwebsite does not unless you put a ton of development towards the site till they forget the name.
 
Thank you all. Stocdoctor, very clarifying.
 
I had vmaps.com a while back that sold for $xxxx
 
Last week I thought I'd sold voz.com (virtual oz is the reason I initially registered it... I'm in Australia, or Oz as we like to call it here) but then the buyer backed out at the last minute.

Also sold vcbd.com about 2 years ago but then snapped it back a year later when the original buyer did not renew it. I was also the RSP (registration service provider) and I emailed him and his company half a dozen times but nobody answered. I even tried calling them on the phone. I think they might have gone out of business.

Back in the 90's my first big sale was vmm.com and then the company that bought it forgot to renew so it went to some other diligent domainer.

That's all the v's I can think of right now off the top of my head :-)
 
I also had vboy.com that i sold. Wish I still had it.
Also own Vreg.com which makes a great registrar domain if anybody is interested ;0)
 
I agree with Doc, the "v" prefix has to be relevant to the name for it work.

I have vForum.com. The dictionary definition of forum is "A public meeting place for open discussion" so vForum.com – "A virtual meeting place for open discussion" works well.

- Rob
 
Leading Names said:
I agree with Doc, the "v" prefix has to be relevant to the name for it work.

I have vForum.com. The dictionary definition of forum is "A public meeting place for open discussion" so vForum.com – "A virtual meeting place for open discussion" works well.

- Rob

So I guess vSpyware.com is kind of redundant, being that Spyware is already virtual? On the other hand , at least the "v" in this case isn't completely irrelevant.
 
I'd say it's completely dead, but not utterly. :wink:
 
Apparently, "the rumor of it's demise has been exaggerated" to paraphrase Mark Twain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom