• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is VISA Trademarked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
201
If I regged a domain with VISA, and set it to credit card results, do you think I'm asking for trouble?


RG

P.S. WOW, just realized this is my 1000th post...did'nt think I would be here that much.
 
i would say this is a no brainer, maybe I'M WRONG. LOL
 
I'm a DirecTV dealer. I can't even use "DirecTV" in meta-tags, much less have those letters in a url, even as a page name rather than a domain name.
So I'd bet Visa has a similar policy.

Wow! I just noticed. This is my 239th post! :)
 
If I regged a domain with VISA, and set it to credit card results, do you think I'm asking for trouble?
Definitely.
If you are running green card/immigration related ads it would be a different story then. Maybe you could try to contact the TM holder (Visa) and secure approval to use the domain. But unless you are a financial institution/issuer or entity with a 'legitimate' need I doubt they will agree ;)
 
The name appeared generic to me, immigration etc, But I do see it has many TM's. OK, I'll pass on this one....invest in another domain instead.


Just saw your post SDS.....Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom