• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

It is possible to deleting domains before expiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchring

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
712
Reaction score
0
Does any registrar allow domains to be deleted before expiry, either through the website, reseller API or by email request?

I know this is possible for some registrars up to 3-4 days after registration, but i'm looking for registrars that can delete names anytime.
 
Yes, most (if not all) will allow you to delete the names either through their API or emailing support. After the 3-4 days you will not receive a refund.
 
Any registrar can delete a domain at any time.
Most of the time there is not automated way for the end user and you have to contact them.
I'm not sure all APIs even allow the deletion, I believe Enom does but not sure.
 
I just checked, enom does not allow deletion of domain - they just ask you to uncheck "renew".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom