• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Jack the Ripper mystery solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
read that the other day, has the makings of a movie
 
It was ranked #5 on Yahoo's top searches today, that's how I found out about it....This was the biggest "Who done it" that I know of, I wonder how its going to play out.
 
very interesting, makes me wanna buy his book now, but I rather waste my money on domains:D
 
will no doubt be a movie.........
 
So who got the name? :)
 
I own jacktheripper.net. I've seen a small lift in traffic but that happens every time there's a new theory, which is usually every few months :-)
 
I read Patricia Cornwell's book accusing Walter Sickert of the murders, and she did a good job of convincing me she was right. For some reason, the subject has always "fascinated" me, and I try to read everything I can on it, including fiction. I just picked up a new book called Jack Knife which seems to be a cross between Dean Koontz' 'Lightning' and the Jack the Ripper case. Thanks for letting me know about this theory Eva.
 
A few years ago, I saw a TV show exploring this as well. One of the resource
persons that time was a pioneer in criminal profiling, John Douglas.

On that show he gave his view that one of the suspects fits the profile of the
Ripper. Of course, we'll never really know who he was, though there's always
room for exploring.

Speaking of which, you read about Mr. Douglas here:

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/home.php

I also read his book "Mindhunter". Fascinating...if you can stomach it.

Alberta Hot Rods has the domain name. Anyone up to bugging him?
 
I read Patricia Cornwell's book accusing Walter Sickert of the murders, and she did a good job of convincing me she was right. For some reason, the subject has always "fascinated" me, and I try to read everything I can on it, including fiction. I just picked up a new book called Jack Knife which seems to be a cross between Dean Koontz' 'Lightning' and the Jack the Ripper case. Thanks for letting me know about this theory Eva.

Your referring to her book Patricia's book "Portrait of Killer" correct? I havent read that one yet but it sounds interesting....Murder mysteries always facinate me too.

Thanks RegFee

and you too Dave!.
 
http://casebook.org/ , one of the best ripper sites out there, has put Silver on the front page, probably because of this new hype.

Unfortunately, while Silver was undoubtedly a very bad character, there is really no evidence to connect him to the Whitechapel murders....Still, as suspects go, Silver is certainly no less likely than any of several dozen other "bad characters" of the era, and is certainly worthy of further study.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom