Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld January 9th TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed this too Shawn....they just popped in right at the end...

The same thing happened there last week with HouseFlip.ca. I actively bid on it and noticed when I was looking into it that it wasn't reg'd...so I hand reg'd it and asked them to cancel it from my names won...

Funky Sibername Afterdrop TBR Auction

I hand regged this afternoon 2 names that were backordered at Sibername and were in the extended auction. One was actively bid on today.

skiinfo.ca
fala.ca

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow things seem really messed up this week for some reason

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just watched two domains where I was the only bidder pre-drop at sibername get bids in the final minutes - highly annoying. I just let them go. Another was bid up to near my top proxy bid. I'll say it again - if you are the only bidder pre-drop you should get the domain. Reward those who place lots of bids - not those who squat and swoop in.

Grrr.. I'm a bit steamed.

I agree. Actually, you should email Sibername with that suggestion. I've actually found them fairly receptive, particularly to people who are regular customers. It's unfair that you do the legwork to find a name and other people take advantage of it. That's why sibername's old process was nice, you put names like that in during the last 10 seconds of bidding and no one would have time to react if they hadn't already found it themselves.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. Actually, you should email Sibername with that suggestion. I've actually found them fairly receptive, particularly to people who are regular customers. It's unfair that you do the legwork to find a name and other people take advantage of it. That's why sibername's old process was nice, you put names like that in during the last 10 seconds of bidding and no one would have time to react if they hadn't already found it themselves.

I think Sibername spent some serious cash setting up a new internal TBR system (several different Sibername companies all likely with individual CIRA registration fee - $8K ???). Thats how they rocked last week and how they got two top spots yesterday.

So they looked at how Snap and Pool where making bucks in the .com world and they figured they would adapt that system to the Canadian TBR. Baremetal has started the same thing in a somewhat different manner but these folks all see some decent dollars available and they want their cut.

I know that won't correct the one bidder issue but they obviously don't really care because they want to make some cash.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In fairness to sibername they did ask for help/guidance setting up the new system, and promised to tweak it as they went. So maybe changes are coming. They had an issue last week where the site became unresponsive for a new minutes, so hiccups are par for the course I guess.

And Zoobar et al were on the ball - there were problems with the drop.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was one of the most poorly run TBR sessions imho. Here are a few things I noticed.

TBR Reg Times:
(results from http://www.sibername.com/tbr/results.php)

1 2008/01/09 14:00:00.333981 rr.ca
2 2008/01/09 14:00:00.537705 ppv.ca
3 2008/01/09 14:00:00.640674 pharmaceutical.ca
4 2008/01/09 14:00:00.780225 nicole.ca
5 2008/01/09 14:00:02.331204 detective.ca Arctic Names Inc.

Never has the first drop been snagged so slow past 14:00:00.000000. With a time of 14:00:00.333981, you would be lucky to be in the top 10.

Never have only 4 registrars snagged names in the first 2 seconds. 30+ names are already registered by this point in all previous TBR sessions.

The entire TBR session is slow. Compare reg times to any previous TBR and you will see how slow this TBR session was.

Three Registrars Lost Names

Dotcanuck's names registered in TBR are not registered and are available in the next TBR session on January 16th
slot-machines.ca
cardiac.ca
vegashotels.ca
netsol.ca
amortizationschedule.ca
forestryequipment.ca
payg.ca
bioscan.ca
usedhomes.ca
courrierplus.ca
caribbeanstud.ca

411.ca's names registered in TBR are not registered and are available in the next TBR session on January 16th
yaahoo.ca
ilook.ca
myzip411.ca
icimontreal.ca

Namespro.ca's names registered in TBR are not registered and are available in the next TBR session on January 16th
artquest.ca
dangelo.ca
x-box.ca
friandises.ca
amgm.ca
standardtelecom.ca
servicas.ca
insideoutmedia.ca

Funky Sibername Afterdrop TBR Auction

I hand regged this afternoon 2 names that were backordered at Sibername and were in the extended auction. One was actively bid on today.

skiinfo.ca
fala.ca

CIRA has issued a formal statement about this:
http://www.domainbits.com/TBR-irregularities/

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone following rr.ca bids?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Current high bid $10171

Question would anyone here pay the 5 figures on a forum that this thing will hit because its a repeat LL ?

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current high bid $10171

Question would anyone here pay the 5 figures on a forum that this thing will hit because its a repeat LL ?

Nice price, sucks that the owner didn't think so and let it drop. I do not think you get as much money in forums as in autcions, but that is my limited experience.

how long is left in the auction?

Zenchi

The Observer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any update on RR.CA I too wouldn't mind a screenshot of the auction if anyone has time.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any idea how much medication.ca,torontorealtor.ca,whistlerhotels.ca,beerstores.ca and consumerreport.ca fetched????

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry no. I am debating rr.ca right now. I stopped at just under $11k so I was out bid tonight . I may go more, one thing is for sure, the LL .ca market is getting a HUGE boost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators