Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Just closed my Account on namepros.com Forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Members on Namepros.com are get so defended when you tell them you prefer dnforum.com over namepros.com. But facts are facts. I got in to domaning because I read lot of post son namepros.com, but eventually decided to join DNF, I stated making more money by learning on DNFORUM. While I was reading posts on namepros I was dreamer and lot of people on namepros really think, that if they dont make money , no one else makes money either. I joined namepros in march 2012, but eventually decided to quit. There is not really nothing to learn.

I have been on dnf since 2008, when I used to read namepros being guest, but namepros sucks, when people get so defensive when you tell them you like dnf.

So just requested to close my account on namepros.com, Forever!, so Bye bye Namepros Forever!

And Thanks DNF!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why would you tell them you like DNF better? What's the point?

It's like going into Walmart and telling the cashier you like Target better.... Why would you do that unless you have a personal axe to grind?

I myself like both Forums, both have their pros and cons.. I had a strong disagreement with NP on trademarks and cybersquatting and they respected my opinion, they didn't get defensive about it at all..

Your in the business of selling domains right? If you are, burning down the store where you could sell them at is not beneficial to your business.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would you tell them you like DNF better? What's the point?

It's like going into Walmart and telling the cashier you like Target better.... Why would you do that unless you have a personal axe to grind?

I myself like both Forums, both have their pros and cons.. I had a strong disagreement with NP on trademarks and cybersquatting and they respected my opinion, they didn't get defensive about it at all..

Your in the business of selling domains right? If you are, burning down the store where you could sell them at is not beneficial to your business.

You have to argue with lots of newbies. You appraise their domains, and they get offended, and there are many members, if they get in argument, and you tell them you learn alot more on dnf than namepros, they get offended.

You talk about anything , they get offended. So its really time to stop visiting namepros for me. And there are few members who used to mods, they will tell you straight up "go back to dnforum.com " coz you have offended them.

Target store/walmart store = DNF.

Namepros = yardsale on sundays .

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They both serve different audiences and have their own place.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to argue with lots of newbies. You appraise their domains, and they get offended, and there are many members, if they get in argument, and you tell them you learn alot more on dnf than namepros, they get offended.

You talk about anything , they get offended. So its really time to stop visiting namepros for me. And there are few members who used to mods, they will tell you straight up "go back to dnforum.com " coz you have offended them.

Target store/walmart store = DNF.

Namepros = yardsale on sundays .

sometimes, if you can be conscious of it, you'll have to tailor your language when your audience is unfamiliar with your persona` per se.

as in, whether or not you elaborate your points or just throw them out there with irreverence, can be the difference maker for the readers/responders of any thread you post in.

your intent has to be learned, when folks don't know you

still, i along with many other members here, are also members there.

just something to consider

Eric_Lyon

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
@ SIKHboy

We were still awaiting your response / reasoning for wanting your account closed and then I came across this thread to find that it stems from both new members that started complaining about all your $0 appraisals and that you were promoting DNF to members that may have misunderstood what you were trying to say and thought you were bashing NP (Naturally bashing will get a negative response). Please keep in mind that in life, nobody likes to get bad news, especially when they spent money on it. I agree that it can be a little annoying to have people mad at you for voicing your opinion & it not be what they wanted to hear. However at the same time we have to try and not take it so personal, understanding that they are just frustrated they made a bad buying decision.

I am a little curious though, If you don't like the responses you get when you give appraisals, why do you keep giving them? I mean, rather than continue doing what apparently upset you enough to leave a whole community, why not just avoid the appraisal forum & stick to participating in other engaging domain related conversations that benefit you more?

As others have already mentioned here, it can be very beneficial to network on multiple platforms (communities) and that each one has it's own ups & downs. With that said, if you ever change your mind and decide you want to give it another shot at NamePros, Please let me know and I'll reopen your account for you with no questions asked.

And lastly, If you could please send me a private message and let me know what Mods told you to leave, I'll look into it for you.

I wish you the best of success in your domaining career,

Eric Lyon

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I want to say something but I can't :D Soon though :D

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@ SIKHboy

We were still awaiting your response / reasoning for wanting your account closed and then I came across this thread to find that it stems from both new members that started complaining about all your $0 appraisals and that you were promoting DNF to members that may have misunderstood what you were trying to say and thought you were bashing NP (Naturally bashing will get a negative response). Please keep in mind that in life, nobody likes to get bad news, especially when they spent money on it. I agree that it can be a little annoying to have people mad at you for voicing your opinion & it not be what they wanted to hear. However at the same time we have to try and not take it so personal, understanding that they are just frustrated they made a bad buying decision.

I am a little curious though, If you don't like the responses you get when you give appraisals, why do you keep giving them? I mean, rather than continue doing what apparently upset you enough to leave a whole community, why not just avoid the appraisal forum & stick to participating in other engaging domain related conversations that benefit you more?

As others have already mentioned here, it can be very beneficial to network on multiple platforms (communities) and that each one has it's own ups & downs. With that said, if you ever change your mind and decide you want to give it another shot at NamePros, Please let me know and I'll reopen your account for you with no questions asked.

And lastly, If you could please send me a private message and let me know what Mods told you to leave, I'll look into it for you.

I wish you the best of success in your domaining career,

Eric Lyon
1. When did I promote DNF? Please tell me more about that. Your fellow members asked me if I am DNF, and I told them Yes. And they wanted me to go back to DNF :) badly.

2. If members are so upset with ZERO dollar Appraisal, Then you can go ahead and appraise (link removed) And such. If you want members to participate on forums then you tell them Oh please dont do such appraisals, because in reality those silly names worth zero.

3. Eventually, Your members Did not like the appraisals, they got so upset that They should NOT be registering names as such , and not worth anything. I liked giving them appraisals, It were your namepros gang, which did not like me telling them reality.

AND I STOPPED GIVING APPRAISALS, AND STOP Wasting my time, and Eventually GOT my account CLOSED, Rather than wasting my time arguing with your gang.

4. On the Flip Side, I have talked to you I think first day I signed up On Np. You were preety cool, but I think some namepros gang in chatroom or some members on forum which most of them have not accomplished any solid earning, telling others to "GO BACK TO DNFORUM", Etc comments, then you guys should take care of those guys, because reality, I was doing appraisals, because I have been there done that, and trying to advice some people to save some money and show them right direction.

Its ok, I wont do Realistic Appraisals, I should not have done that. I should mind my own business, which I am. But some of those members in first place beg for advice then everything goes the other way around.

5. Thanks for best wishes in my domaining career. But reality, I have learned lot here on DNF, I took their advice seriously, if people were making money here on DNF, I respected their opinions, and Learned from them, and that is how I made good money and still making.

I now rather focus my energy on making money rather than helping I guess.

ERIC, I still have lot of respect for you, and always will, due to the fact, you are one member i know who was not biased and been a great person to Know while the time I stayed on NP.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh Oh...alert the media....DomainScoop.com/SIKHboy has left NP and will NEVER be returning .....whatever:lol:

Members on Namepros.com are get so defended when you tell them you prefer dnforum.com over namepros.com. But facts are facts. I got in to domaning because I read lot of post son namepros.com, but eventually decided to join DNF, I stated making more money by learning on DNFORUM. While I was reading posts on namepros I was dreamer and lot of people on namepros really think, that if they dont make money , no one else makes money either. I joined namepros in march 2012, but eventually decided to quit. There is not really nothing to learn.

I have been on dnf since 2008, when I used to read namepros being guest, but namepros sucks, when people get so defensive when you tell them you like dnf.

So just requested to close my account on namepros.com, Forever!, so Bye bye Namepros Forever!

And Thanks DNF!!

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh Oh...alert the media....DomainScoop.com/SIKHboy has left NP and will NEVER be returning .....whatever:lol:

Yup,alerting people to stop wasting time by joining the NP. That is the intention. Hope now it makes clear sense to you.

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You have to argue with lots of newbies.

I didn't realize this was a NP requirement.

You appraise their domains, and they get offended, and there are many members, if they get in argument, and you tell them you learn alot more on dnf than namepros, they get offended.

Your trashing the forum when you say that, so of course they would get offended, their part of it aren't they? And here you are trashing the forum on another forum because you say you learn more here, what does that have to do with the forum itself? When you started this thread, did you think everyone was going to jump on your bandwagon? As Biggie said, we have a lot of NP members here on DNF.

We also have noobs just like NP has, they too ask for appraisals and some get offended as well, but when they ask for an appraisal a second time, I usually don't give it to them, why bother if the OP cant handle it right?

If you were considering investing in a TLD or anything else, wouldn't you want to read the opinions of others on ALL forums? I sure would, I'd want to know what everyone was saying, sift through all of it and draw my own conclusions, If this Forum was all gun ho on a TLD and NP wasn't for valid reasons, wouldn't you want to know what those reasons are?

And unlike you, I don't sell domain names on forums like you do, or should I say Forum?, So WHY would you limit yourself to selling names on 1 forum and not 2?.. Afterall, DNF and NP are the 2 most popular domain forums that attract resellers, so why would someone like yourself who's in business do such a stupid thing?, cant you see your cutting your own throat?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom