• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Just give me a little space!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
91
Here's a thought:

Hows about the internet gets a complete overhaul and allows spaces in domain names! I can't see any technical reason why this couldn't work.

Might liven up the market.

Obvious example: My Space.com

Actually, thinking about it, spaces (Dec 32 or Hex 20) work in URLs already, so why not domain names?

:rolleyes:
 
Wouldn't be very fair to existing domain owners. But we domainers would kill to see that landrush. Problem is, how do you communicate the difference verbally between myspace.com and my (space) space.com? Imagine the confusion.
 
the obvious reasons are phishing/confusions.
www.citi bank.com
www.c iti ban k.com
 
I should have put it in 'humor' I guess. Was only joking around but it did strike me as food for thought ;)
 
we're allowed the good old-fashioned hyphen, already.
some people/companies love 'em, some hate them
personally think they work great sometimes & are very underrated & underpriced
 
we're allowed the good old-fashioned hyphen, already.
some people/companies love 'em, some hate them
personally think they work great sometimes & are very underrated & underpriced

I agree that sometimes a hyphen is very natural. Can't put them all in the same basket of lower value.
 
I agree that sometimes a hyphen is very natural. Can't put them all in the same basket of lower value.

I agree.
I see all the time on search engines, hyphenated domains as number 1 on page 1
If the content is good & the keywords are good & obviously .com the best, then you are sure to do well.
Obviously the non-hyphenated version (no punn intended lol) will have higher natural traffic in the first instance, but it's not the be all & end all.
You can point other domains with traffic at the site to get viewers going, or pay for a cheap adword campaign.
Sometimes a hyphenated 2 word .com looks better than a non-hyphenated version too as it can look too cluttered. Especially if an ad hoarding or something is used & you're driving by, the hyphen clearly separates the domain & makes easier to read & remember imo sometimes.
 
IDN is already a stinky phisher flavor, dont turn regular domains into this :D.
 
From what I understand hyphens are very good for SEO....but I think spaces would definitely be a no-no. Would introduce too much confusion and would be a surfer's nightmare....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom