• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Just watched Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
4,063
Reaction score
23
It was like LA was a city of 100 people the way so many people that had nothing to do with each other kept running into each other. All in less than 24 hours.
 
Yup, a little unrealistic, but very powerful nonetheless. I saw it twice in theatres after it came out...
 
I watched the firs half. I turned it off I didn't like it.
 
Indeed powerful but full of cliches as well. Still it was a good watch.
 
Good moive, but I must say not good enough to beat Brokeback Mountain, not even close.
 
I did not enjoy this movie.

I do not enjoy movies with spousal abuse, drug abuse or child abuse.

I felt really uncomfortable when the cop was abusng the woman while her husband was right there. I don't enjoy that kind of crap, I wanted to beat the snot out of the cop.

This is to show us that this happens in real life, that's fine, but I sill don't like it at all.

-=DCG=-
 
It was obviously contrived but I appreciated the depth of it. The idea that the bad guys could do good things and the good guys could do bad things. The brave could be cowardly at times and the cowards could be brave at times. I liked "The Unforgiven" for the same reasons.
 
I felt really uncomfortable when the cop was abusng the woman while her husband was right there. I don't enjoy that kind of crap, I wanted to beat the snot out of the cop.

As did I, but I go to the movies looking to get emotionally involved...and this movie certainly did that for me, even if the majority of the emotions were not positive ones.
 
GT Web said:
As did I, but I go to the movies looking to get emotionally involved...and this movie certainly did that for me, even if the majority of the emotions were not positive ones.
Yes, this is EXACTLY the FUNCTION of movies (and literature or any form of art): catharsis (courtesy of Aristotle), to EXPERIENCE something that we are not able or willing or dare to do in real life BUT gaining that first hand feeling.
 
For me, this movie was good but not as good as some say it is. I've seen movies with the exact same or similar themes, except that Crash is told in a different order/manner. It was predictable, and pretentious, but worth the rental fee.
 
For me it was depressing and flat out was not entertaining to watch. The whole theme of breaking through racial stereotypes is just getting so predictable. And that was just one of the many cliches in this movie that have been done much better and more enjoyable in many other movies.

To me this is another example of how ridiculous the Oscars really are. And the critics for that matter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom