Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed keep my day job????

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greetings,

own to many names and have experienced a moderate learning curve. dropping 300-400 well intentioned buys. want to make sure i am on right track in recent buys. please let me know what you think of the following.

first post and if i have posted incorrectly or inapropiatly please let me know.

modeltoy.com
coldware.com
hostinglinux.com
chinaadopt.com
asainamatuers.com
vegastable.com
utahrental.com

mispells

apliance.com
texttiles.com
toscany.com

Thanks for any feedback

Sean

Domain summit 2024

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
avs 162> dropping 300-400 well intentioned buys.

Wow, what a waste of money. Money that could have paid your tution, pay the rent, pay your gas.

P

President Gringo

lol, thats it rub it in with the guy.

Good thing is that he is learning whats worth holding and whats worth letting go. Thats assuming he is dropping the right ones. Wanna give us an insight into the ones you dropped? Should have just ebayed them a month or 2 before they dropped. Even if you got a dollar each that would still have been $400. :)

P

President Gringo

hostinglinux and utahrentals.

But some of the ones in the first list are mis-spelt too, asainamatuers and vegastable are wrong. Was that intentional? You might want to try www.dictionary.com before buying ;)

Good luck.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
asainamatuers.com

double misspell?

asianamateurs.com would fetch a nice price.

:laugh: misspells reminds me of what someone posted about getting drunk at night and then buying domains. No offense meant, avs162, but misspells are really passe today.

Go get some really solid .info and .biz names. Many gems are still available, like klez.info.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"getting drunk at night and then buying domains"
Yeah - who was it again? :D
Btw - Intentional misspells are just not worth regging - imho.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greetings,

thanks for the commentary as i am not sensitive i will not have any resentments. jk
grateful for the feedback and thanks for the suggestions.

misspells being a dead horse may be a premature
death knoll as one of them toscany.com gets major
overture searchs on the dot com and generates good daily traffic. apliance has 3 sponsor matchs on the mispell and a ton of google results. maybe i am missing something on these, wont be the first time.

the ebay suggestion was great as i am 60 days out now and am grouping names for disposal on ebay even at reg cost.

calling it predrop or firstbounce names.

I have developed a quick guantlet for names that i am dropping.

1 link analysis
2 type in analysis
3 other tlds taken?
4 hypenated or similar regged
5 have i had any inquiry
6 google results
7 ship out to ebay and news groups.

thanks for your replies

can names be donated for cost for pr or loss
sean
i will post a list of definative drops few days prior to disposing.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
lol, thats it rub it in with the guy. Good thing is that he is learning whats worth holding and whats worth letting go. Thats assuming he is dropping the right ones. Wanna give us an insight into the ones you dropped? Should have just ebayed them a month or 2 before they dropped. Even if you got a dollar each that would still have been $400. :)

I have seen many posts saying or implying about how easy it is to sell names on Ebay.

Odd thing is every time I look at the Ebay domain listings I rarely if ever see any actual sales, not even many real bids, let along completed sales. :confused:

For example, I recently checked approx' 300 names listed for sale that were near auction expiration or already had expired, and none of them were sold or even had bids, other than some with a single suspicious bid (likely via the owner to stir up some interest - a common thing on ebay).

I was wondering why there seems to be a common belief with our members that Ebay is successful at selling domains? I seriouslly doubt if that is really so but so many think it is for some unknown reason.

I guess ebay is better than anywhere else, though realnames is right, most names don't ever get a bid, but lets face it, most of the names listed aren't really worth much anyway.

Another big problem is that so many names get listed with unrealistic start bids/reserves, whilst good names get some bids, the reserve is not met most of the time.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another query about ebay and domain names.

Has anyone ever sold a name through them? If so, was it worth it?

Who goes there to view the domain names on sale? Is it serious domain hunters or just beginners?

Just curious ...

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by RealNames

I have seen many posts saying or implying about how easy it is to sell names on Ebay.

Odd thing is every time I look at the Ebay domain listings I rarely if ever see any actual sales, not even many real bids, let along completed sales. :confused:

For example, I recently checked approx' 300 names listed for sale that were near auction expiration or already had expired, and none of them were sold or even had bids, other than some with a single suspicious bid (likely via the owner to stir up some interest - a common thing on ebay).

I was wondering why there seems to be a common belief with our members that Ebay is successful at selling domains? I seriouslly doubt if that is really so but so many think it is for some unknown reason.

I don't think its easy to sell domains on ebay, and i hope it didn;t sound like that. But i'm sure if he listed his 400 at a $1 reserve that he would get some bids, and as he is dropping them its better than nothing, he might even get more depending on the name.

But if you need to get rid of a domain quick coz its gonna expire soon and you don't want it, well an auction would be the best thing as there is a time frame to it.

When it comes to ebay and domains, its only worth visiting if you want to buy, not to sell.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greetings,

i hope i did not give the impression of ebay being a viable market for domains and especially ones that will be discarded after trying to realize value from. it is more a last ditch effort to recoup costs and possibilly reach a buyer who can utilize and brand.

i was thinking to bundle two extra years reg at
cost and sell groups of similar content names with
some attractive names placed in group.

at worst case it will generate some pr for my site and who knows even blind squirrels find nuts once in a while.

i cant sell good coms on an and other specialized sites. confidence is not high on ebay results, However in the completed sales cat for domains i see some sales completed and will try to mirror technique.

Thanks for all the feedback.

ciao

sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators