• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Kiva.org - Small Loans to Change Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
0
Just saw a piece about this on TV. It was very impressive: http://www.kiva.org/.

According to the report I just watched, the loan repayment rate is even 100%, with 0 defaults. Some people take the repaid money and just loan it out again, like operating their own mini foundation.

Just found a link - this is the report I just watched: http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/uganda601/video_index.html. Looks like it first aired at the end of last October.

One of the people involved came from PayPal.
 
That is very cool. I gave the front page rice farmer from Ecuador $25, and by the time I was done he had another $50 also. More power to them at Kiva.
 
great org.
have a friend that volunteers as a Portuguese translator for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom