Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Lame Delegation / SnapNames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have a lot of Snapbacks on several names that had expired long ago, and now are being changed ? Some have the expiration dates extended but not all so far.

Have you been able to pickup any of your names finally or are you losing them all ?

E

EroGenius

I have a domain set for SnapBack now that has a "creation" date of August 2002 and an Expire date of November 2002. I mean... EWwwwwWWw! I'm developing a business that could really use a common word like this to help sell services... but God knows what has/will happen with it.

A completely different domain I'd LIKE to register is in some type of no-man's land... doesn't even have a Whois record. I mean... it doesn't seem to make any sense... a Whois search just reveals the registerar... in this case DOTSTER. It's been in this state for well over a month... maybe two or three. Dunno.

In other news, I'm still a bit aghast that AD.COM seems to be teetering on the edge of expire. Hey, Amigo! Renew that sumbitch! A little research implies it was once owned by the DigiMedia folk, but I don't know for sure. If only I could have SnapNamed'd that one!

~ EroGenius

E

EroGenius

I've been able to grab a bunch of domais with them, some nice ones... SnapNames is great.

~ EroGenius

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With respect to names picked up by Dotster, they frequently fumble the ball. That is, they will register a name and then not tell you that they Got It. If you see that you were the high bidder on the name, send an email to [email protected] and explain the situation. They will eventually, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 emails to get action, put it in your win column. If you are not the high bidder, then it is up to whoever was the high bidder to figure this out.:cool:

Brujah,

I do not think others here understand your question.

I see the exact same things you do with my Snapbacks. Please email me and we can discuss.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by EroGenius
In other news, I'm still a bit aghast that AD.COM seems to be teetering on the edge of expire.

:confused: :confused:
Record expires on 21-Sep-2002
Record created on 21-Sep-2000

In terms of expiration date, ad.com's a youngster.

E

EroGenius

Originally posted by fizz

:confused: :confused:
Record expires on 21-Sep-2002
Record created on 21-Sep-2000

In terms of expiration date, ad.com's a youngster.

Yeah, methinks someone else let it expire by accident in 2000. Looks like history is about to repeat itself, y'know? If I had AD.COM let's see... would I wait until the final month to renew? Think NOT! :D

Anyway, only reason why I'm even talking openly about it is so that I can stop caring about the remote chance I'd obsess and cajole events such that I can exploit the ridiculously slim chance I'll actually pick it up.

Never mind the fact that it types into a WAP capable phone real easy too... nah. :) Anyway, I picked up another ad-bearing real short-name and it suits my purposes just fine.

I'm trying not to obsess on these weird things.

~ EroGenius

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had paid for 6 Snapnames and was able to get 5. What else ?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by EroGenius
Anyway, only reason why I'm even talking openly about it is so that I can stop caring about the remote chance I'd obsess and cajole events such that I can exploit the ridiculously slim chance I'll actually pick it up....
...I'm trying not to obsess on these weird things.

Hey that's a real refreshing way to look at the domain drops EroG
:D

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brujah
Anyone else have a lot of Snapbacks on several names that had expired long ago, and now are being changed ? Some have the expiration dates extended but not all so far.

Have you been able to pickup any of your names finally or are you losing them all ?

Snapnames is not as good as many think when it comes to good domains (short, single words, high traffic).
NW is more successful IMO

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I meant was:
ancient-domain.com was expired in oct 2000.
lame delegation came about and modified the name servers.
ancient-domain.com suddenly appears to expire in oct 2002.

this is something I've been seeing happen with some of my snaps. not all. two are in the localwhois stage, so i'm waiting to see what happens.

Brujah,

I knew exactly what you meant. We can discuss it if you email me.

Thanks.

E

EroGenius

Brujah, I completely understand and its goofy. I've seen both the CREATION DATE and EXPIRATION date move... annoyingly I've seen different results shown in different WHOIS searches. Namely, TUCOWS had one expiration date, and NetSol had another.

I had to depend on the WHOIS record of the registrar it was with of course. SnapNames helped make the whole thing a non-issue though, as I got the domain. ExpireFish had it already registered, but we went over to SnapNames and grabbed it up real easy.

Right now, I'm not going to say what the name is, but again, I'm looking to register a dropping domain who's creation date changed to the date I first looked it up! How odd was that? It expires in November, but as a bogified record, I'm hoping it might drop sooner. Considering all the Verisign complaints though, I FEAR getting names and having them taken from me now, especially when records go awry.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/network_solutions.htm

In all cases, I'm not sure what if anything to do that will make a difference and not waste my time.

~ EroGenius

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom